Social Media Intern Job IOM
Social Media Intern Jobs, Communication Jobs 2020, IOM Jobs
Position: Social Media Intern (2 positions)
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Director for East and Horn Africa, and the direct supervision of the Regional Public Information Officer, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities.
- Assist in the curation and editing of IOM content (vertical stories, videos, blog) for social media channels.
- Support the social media unit in producing stories for Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Medium, Snapchat, Tik Tok and other platforms.
- Support on social media data analysis, in particular dealing with negative comments on migration issues.
- Assist in preparing social media communications and public information for key thematic activities including UN international days among others
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Regional Public Information Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Political Science or a related field or other field directly related to the above duties from an accredited academic institution
- One (1) year experience working in digital communications and/or research.
- Strong understanding and interest in migration, development, communication and/or humanitarian issues.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and consistently according to set deadlines.
- Practical experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Position Title and Vacancy Number with three professional referees, and their contacts (both email and telephone) to International Organization for Migration (IOM), RO Human Resources Department, via e-mail: [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 9 June 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.