Social Work & Community Development Instructor at Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust
WHO WE ARE Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust is a charitable organization working in the rural area of Rarieda sub-County in Siaya County, Kenya. Our vision is people believing in themselves and working together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Train students in specific technical skills area and prepare them for formal examinations/trade test and work environment
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enrich the existing Curriculum to include emerging trends in the Social Work and Community Development field.
- Develop lesson plans for training.
- Take part in recruitment process of the new students.
- Provide counseling to the students, address their disciplinary issues and assist in Conflict Resolution among them.
- Prepare the students for their final examination and facilitate internal examinations.
- Organize and/or accompany the class to the examination center whenever called to.
- Assist in finding suitable Industrial attachments positions for the students
- Ensure all qualified students are registered for the exams.
- Ensure all qualified students pay their contributions to the exams.
- Ensure RWMT values and principles are communicated to the students and their caregivers.
- Ensure RWMT Training and Resource Center rules and regulations are clearly communicated to the students.
- Ensure the students participate in all relevant RWMT activities.
- Assist in keeping database of Personal details and relevant documents of the students.
- Making sure that the right students as per the set criteria are the ones attending class.
- Keeping daily attendance registers for the students.
- Filing of the examination records.
- Ensure students pay their fees to RWMT Finance department fully and timely.
- Provide quality and timely delivery of Community Development activities reports in their agreed format and deadlines to facilitate follow-up and improvement of the work.
- Maintain follow-up system to ensure efficient processes of Community Development activities.
- Maintain and up-date accurate Community Development activities records and reports according to the organization’s M&E and reporting requirements.
- In charge of daily operational work within RTRC
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
(The knowledge, skills and abilities may be required through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
Level of education:
At least a Degree in Community Development and Social Work from a reputable Institution.
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Social Work/Community Work
- Certificate in computer Studies
- Must possess good facilitation/training skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build harmonious relationships with students.
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills.
- Have knowledge working with children in poor conditions.
- Must have registered with KNEC
- Must have a Technical Teacher Training Certificate
At least three (2) years relevant experience as an Instructor.
The post Social Work & Community Development Instructor at Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.