Social Worker Job, Current Social Work Jobs in Kenya 2020,
SOCIAL WORKER – THREE (3) POSTS (CSG 12)
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have have:
- a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade C or its equivalent qualification; and
- a Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Mental Health or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- An officer at this level will be a member of a Health team. Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- addressing the psychosocial effects as related to patients’ diagnosis, prognosis and future resettlement;
- counseling patients especially in cases associated with pandemic diseases, metal illness, HIV/AIDS, epilepsy;
- extracting psychosocial information from the patient and observing casual factors which might be useful to the treatment plan; and
- implementation of patients’ treatment programme and follow up on discharge.
How To Apply
The Public Service Commission (PSC) in conjuction with the Nairobi Metropolitan Services (Directorate of Health Services) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions on three (3) months contract based on identified needs.
Terms of Service: Three (3) months contract
Remuneration Package (Consolidated)
Medical Officers – Ksh.100,000 p.m.
Other Professionals Degrees – Ksh.70,000 p.m.
Diploma Holders – Ksh.50,000 p.m.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke so as to reach the Commission on or before 13th July 2020 latest by 5.00 p.m. (East African Time)