Software Developer Jobs, IT Jobs 2020, Kisumu County Jobs,
- Analyzing user requirements, researching, designing and writing new software programs;
- Testing new programs and fault finding;
- Evaluating the software and systems that make computers and hardware work;
- Developing existing programs by analyzing and identifying areas for modification;
- Integrating existing software products and getting incompatible platforms to work together;
- Creating technical specifications and test plans;
- Writing and testing code and then refining and rewriting as necessary;
- Writing systems to control the scheduling of jobs on a mainframe computer or to control the access allowed to users or remote systems;
- Writing operational documentation with technical authors;
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects;
- Working closely with other staff such as project managers, graphic artists, designers,developers, systems analysts and sales and marketing professionals;
- Consulting clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and with a view to writing or modifying current operating systems;
- Investigating new technologies;
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications;
- Develop technical and user manuals for the developed systems;
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in any of the following fields: Computer Science; Electrical/Electronics engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- The Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with at least a C plain.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be signed, scanned and sent in pdf format to [email protected] by 22nd May 2020. Do not attach copies of Certificates.
Please note that the Board will NOT receive applications in hard copies as a result of measures put in place by the Government of Kenya to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and indicate so in their applications.