Sous Chef Job in Kenya
What’s in it for you:
- You will enroll in the workplace pension scheme
- Private medical insurance as per Hotel offering
- Be part of creating the historic story of rehabilitating and releasing the rare Mountain Bongo that was heading toward extinction.
- Working with a hotel rich in history and known for exemplary services while growing your career
- Employee Benefits Card offering discounted rates in Accor Worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility Activities, like Planet 21.
What will you be doing:
- Maintaining and running of kitchen in absence of Executive Sous Chef
- Maintain stock control, ensuring that stock levels are in line with Company requirements.
- Monitoring training of all members of kitchen staff and assessing progress.
- Drive the development of menus and dishes is as per SOP and completed in a timely period.
- Ensuring correct stock rotation of food and ordering food goods from suppliers.
- Checking and ordering of equipment via correct channels.
- Additional responsibilities in absence of line manager or senior employee.
- Lead, coach, mentor the team as well as drive the daily operations of the pastry section
An exceptional opportunity has presented itself for the position of Sous Chef at Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club where we invite you to bring your pro-activity and creativity skills to assist in leading and guiding our exceptional culinary team to turning moments into memories for our guests.
Your experience and skills include:
- 3 years as Sous Chef in a 5 star or Premium Hotel
- Great & proven leadership skills
- Excellent planning & Organizational Skills
- A creative approach to the production of high-quality foods and knowledge of bakery
- Excellent leadership & training skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Up to date with current trends
Your team and working environment: A Luxury Hotel in a magical destination, you will be working with a diverse team and an environment that encourages you to be yourself and discover limitless possibilities.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
How to Apply
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/