SPARC Knowledge Management NGO Kenyan Job Vacancies 2021
Knowledge Management Specialist Job, Current NGO Jobs,
Job Title: Knowledge Management Specialist
The Strategic Purchasing Africa Resource Center (SPARC) is a resource hub aimed at strengthening strategic purchasing capacity in Sub-Saharan Africa by connecting existing regional expertise and matching it with country demand to make better use of resources for health. Our vision is to empower countries with knowledge and practical tools to make access to affordable and quality health care a reality for all. SPARC is creating a network of regional experts who can support the development of practical, home-grown solutions that meet countries’ strategic purchasing needs.
SPARC is hosted by Amref Health Africa and receives technical support from Results for Development, and benefits from the organizations’ reach across sub-Saharan Africa and technical expertise, respectively. These relationships support SPARC’s commitment to developing strong partnerships across the continent and building expertise in strategic purchasing and brokering support based on country demand. Through these partnerships, SPARC promotes evidence-informed policymaking that leads to better health spending and facilitates learning and sharing of best practices in health purchasing.
SPARC’s approach – key pillars:
- Coaching and mentoring: Build a cadre of regional experts who can work alongside and provide contextualized support to country-led strategic purchasing processes.
- Country engagement: Broker tailored packages of strategic purchasing support to address country needs and demand.
- Knowledge management and joint learning: Build a learning agenda on strategic purchasing and capture and share practical lessons and experiences.
Under the leadership of the Program Manager, the Knowledge Management Specialist will provide strategic management of SPARC’s Knowledge Management and Learning programmatic pillar to ensure the work plan is coherently implemented and SPARC achieves its mission of becoming the “go-to” resource center for strategic purchasing in sub-Saharan Africa. The Knowledge Management Specialist will use traditional and digital learning approaches to develop and implement innovative, creative, and effective ways to capture and share the coaching and mentoring approach and technical knowledge in the area of strategic purchasing for UHC, and compile and leverage good practices to improve the effectiveness of strategic health purchasing in sub-Saharan Africa. S/he will be responsible for a wide variety of activities related to identifying, managing, packaging, and disseminating key information to advance the technical practice and provide practitioners with the tools needed to advance strategic purchasing within their health systems.
SPARC is a small team with an ambitious work plan and works in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. The ideal candidate is highly-motivated, a fast learner, resourceful, flexible, independent, energetic, with excellent communications skills, cultural sensitivity and experience working with senior leaders.
- Advanced degree in public health, communication, management information systems, knowledge management, organizational learning, education, or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of knowledge management, organizational/project learning.
- Demonstrated interest in and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning activities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in establishment and nurturing of Communities of Practice and learning networks including promotion of engagement, collaboration and knowledge exchange in the communities.
- Excellent facilitation, program/activity management, and written and oral communication skills. • Demonstrated interest and experience in health systems strengthening.
- Creative and innovative problem-solving and ability to work with humility, undertight deadlines and achieve results
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with cross cultural and geographical teams. • Proficiency in Microsoft Office products at expert level.
- Willingness to travel within the region and across the African continent.
- Proficiency in using, setting-up and management of digital learning tools.
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English. Knowledge of French would be an advantage.
How to apply
Interested? Please visit our website www.amref.org to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account successfully in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with re le vant skills and experience. The cover letter and CV should be in a single file that is not longer than a total of five (5) page s.
Please note that you will receive an email confirmation for creation of account and an acknowledgment email upon
submitting your application. Deadline for submission: open till filled. Please note that only shortlisted candidate s will be contacted.