Statistician Job KNBS(Quarterly Business) – Career Point Kenya
Statistician Job, Parastatal Jobs In Kenya July,
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006). It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of official statistical information and its custody. It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics in partnership with Statistics Sweden invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following positions for Interns/Young Statisticians:
Job Title: Young Statistician Quarterly Business Indicators Unit
Terms of Service: Temporary (12 months)
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Manager, Production, the Young Statistician will participate in the implementation of identified programmes and activities of Quarterly Business Indicators Unit in Production Directorate.
- Participating in data collection follow-ups;
- Participating in identification of QBI Establishments and institutions for the purpose of distributing, completing and collecting Questionnaires every quarter;
- Updating QBI sample frame/cleaning the frame;
- Attending all BEE/QBI technical meetings and compiling minutes/reports;
- Conducting QBI survey data entry, analysis and ;
- Assisting in QBI report writing and dissemination;
- Developing reports for given assignments;
- Working closely with the Mentor, Supervisor and colleagues to implement programmes and activities of the Directorate;
- Assisting in preparing for planned events and activities by developing and assembling information and necessary materials;
- Acquiring relevant skills in areas of specialization;
- Participating in Directorate, Divisional and Sectional meetings and trainings;
- Undertaking duties at the Headquarters and in the Field, as required;
- Maintaining the required records of Internship, completing and submitting the records and a report at the end of the programme;
- Any other duties lawfully assigned by the supervisor.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen;
- Must have attained a minimum of 2nd Class Honors Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university within the last two years in Statistics/Applied Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related qualifications;
- Proficiency in data analysis using any statistical packages e.g. SPSS, Stata, E-views, Fox Pro, CS Pro;
Additional information for applicants:
- Should not be engaged in another organization;
- Should not have undertaken any other internship or been exposed to work;
- Experience in their area of specialization, after graduation;
- Must be computer literate;
- Must be available full time for the twelve months’ duration of the program;
- Should possess interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be goal oriented and dynamic;
- Should possess strong analytical skills;
- Should possess unquestionable integrity; and be
- Goal oriented, dynamic, self-driven and diligent
- Should attach a copy of Certificate of Good conduct or an indication of having applied for one;
- Take note that the monthly stipend for Young Statisticians is 30, 000 and Kshs. 25,000 for Interns.
- Applicable statutory deductions will apply.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply using the attached application form, provide certified copies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts, testimonials and National ID/Passport.
The reference number for the Internship/Young Statisticians post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:-
The Director General
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics P. O. Box 30266 – 00100
Real Towers, Upper Hill 4th Floor, Registry section NAIROBI
Applications must be received not later than 9th July, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KNBS is an equal opportunity employer.