Sub Editor Jobs Kenya Standard Group
Sub Editor Job at Standard Group
Are you a smart, creative and ambitious individual willing to work in our vibrant Digital team?
Eve Digital is looking for a Sub Editor who will be in charge of creating highly customised content for the Eve Digital website.
Eve Digital is a woman lifestyle brand that is part of Standard Digital. The website focuses on health and fitness, money, relationships, beauty and fashion, parenting and food.
- Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field;
- Available portfolio of published work;
- At least four (4) years’ experience in media, including publishing for a website;
- Excellent proofreading, editing and copywriting skills;
- Basic skills in photo and video editing;
- Knowledge of best SEO practices;
- Good organizational and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated people and project management skills;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Understands Media Law and Media Ethics;
- Self-driven and assertive;
- Team player, dynamic and ability to work under high pressure.
- Conceptualise story ideas for the Eve Digital target audience;
- Plan content and commission articles from freelance writers and stringers;
- Rewrite copy to remove all errors of grammar, ensure clarity and appeal, and fit content to required length, without leaving out facts, distorting articles or removing any salient points, and ensure articles have appropriate headlines;
- Attractively package content to be used on web, social media, e-newsletters and video;
- Write sponsored/commercial content for clients;
- Ensure compliance with editorial journalistic code of ethics, and house style.
How to Apply