Supervisor – Coxswain at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya
Department: Customs & Border Control
Division: Border Control & Enforcement
Section / Unit: Marine Operations
Location / Work Station: Muhuru Bay & Usenge
- This role holder takes overall charge of the boat and crew during enforcement operations.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Carrying out boat drills as per approved policies and procedures.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for steering and maneuvering the boat during border control enforcement surveillance patrols and raids.
- Facilitate safety of the boat and crew on and off the water
- Carry out ship husbandry as per stipulated policy and procedures.
- Prepare incident reports to facilitate appropriate intervention.
- Keep required records and documents as per expected standards.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports for management decision making.
- Keep attendance register and watch bill for crew members.
- Compile equipment and defects record for the boat to inform required action on financial provisions for repairs
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Patrol Boat
- Dinghy for shallow water patrols
- Outboard engines
- Radio calls for communication
Decision Making / Job Influence
Job entails but not limited to strategic, managerial and operational decisions
- The work environment encompasses both office(indoor) and field (sea) duties
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) /O-Level Certificate
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Maritime training (Marine Nautical Studies/Marine Engineering/Seamanship), First Aid; Damage Control; Coxswain certification/STCW95
- Diploma in nautical knowledge
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in similar role
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- People management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Tax enforcement and Legislation
The post Supervisor – Coxswain at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.