Supervisor – Manned Security Services at G4S
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager /Operations Manager, the Supervisor will supervise Site In-charges and Guards to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of the Manned Security Service.
- Ensure the physical presence of guards at respective posts
- Confirm that all posts under his/her jurisdiction are adequately manned as per the contract requirement in terms of correct number and rank
- Confirm that the guards are physically fit and in a sober state of mind when reporting on duty
- Ensure guards sign on posting sheets to confirm presence
- Confirm that guards report on time and do not leave their posts uncovered
- Ensure proper turn out of guards
- Inspect that all equipment is present and serviceable as per the site requirements (as listed in the site instructions).
- Inspect the appearance of the guards to confirm that they are smartly dressed in full G4S uniform
- Implement labour efficiency controls
- Accurately capture time and attendance in the posting sheets
- Implement the guards’ duty roster and ensure that guards take their weekly off duties and annual leave as scheduled
- Ensure that posts and assignments are optimally covered with the right numbers of guards and ranks
- Promote conducive work relationship
- Hold brief/debrief sessions with guards on a regular basis and execute conflict resolution among the guard force
- Discuss any problems / issues with the guards and provide feedback regarding previous issues raised.
- Escalate any unresolved problems/ issues to the CSM /Ops Manager in a timely manner.
- Ensure high level of staff motivation and performance that meet G4S standards
- Ensure maintenance of proper customer service levels
- Liaise with the client at a lower level. Any issues that cannot be immediately resolved should be noted and escalated to the CSM/Ops Manager
- Confirm that the guards understand and perform as per the customers’ expectation
- Properly introduce guards to the client before they are posted
- Induct any newly posted guards and ensure that they understand and perform their duties as per the assignment instructions of their respective posts
- Continuously carry on-the job training of the guards to improve their performance
- Provide training i.e. communicate a toolbox talk, refresher training, etc.
- Review the occurrence book (OB) and registers, make an entry detailing the time of the inspection, findings, and actions taken.
- Ensure proper health and safety in work environment
- Perform a site walkthrough to identify hazards and appropriate controls. Hazards that cannot be immediately resolved should be noted and escalated to the CSM/Ops Manager
- Review the site risk assessment / perform an audit once a month. Any changes to existing risks, or any new risks, should be noted and escalated to the CSM /Ops Manager
- Ensure that all assignments in the area have post instructions and emergency procedures
- Ensure strict compliance with the G4S golden rules, minimum standards and all related policies
- Implement health and safety initiatives at the lowest level
- Report incidents to the CSM/ Ops Manager in a timely manner
- Ensure that there is a fatigue management plan is in place where necessary e.g rotation
The Ideal Candidate:
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Minimum – Form four with KCSE Certificate D+
- Minimum certificate course in business management
- Computer skills are of added advantage.
- Riding Skills – At least 5 years active riding experience with a clean license.
At least 5 years as a supervisor in operations preferably security industry
- Basic Microsoft Word
- Basic Microsoft Excel
Behavioural Skills – Support
- Understanding the organizational environment
- Understanding the organization’s goals and objectives
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Acting professionally
- Deliver great customer service
- Sharing and co-operating
The post Supervisor – Manned Security Services at G4S appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.