Supply Chain Lead at Mums Village
MumsVillage is the leading Parenting website for resources, support and expert advice in Kenya. Our Co-Founders created it as a home for Kenyan Mums to freely express themselves among a community of like-minded friends. In this village, you will find sympathetic Doulas, Doctors, Nutritionists, Fitness experts and Fellow Parents. We have created the MumsVillageShop as a one-stop-shop to explore and buy a curated selection of mum and baby products, all from the comfort of your homes and offices.
Department / Program: Supply Chain
Direct reports: Order fulfilment and Customer Support Associate
Overall Job Purpose: Lead and coordinate the supply chain activities and processes, maximizing margins through strategic planning and negotiation, ensuring goals of cost effectiveness, timey order fulfilment and inventory management are achieved.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Product procurement – managing and analysing product quotes, negotiating for better terms and pricing with vendors and suppliers, and recommend suppliers and/or vendors with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness across all of the supply chain
- Order Fulfilment Management – managing the funnel to ensure online orders, deliveries, exchanges and returns are properly managed and excellent customer experience
- Supplier relationship management – sustaining and establishing new relationships and developing partnerships for new projects and opportunities in addition to coordination of supplier payments with Finance.
- Inbound & Outbound – supervising inbound & out-bound supply chain activities.
- Budgets – preparing and presenting supply chain budget for period under review.
- Inventory Management – ensuring inventory composition is the right mix needed for optimal sales, forecasting and reporting the quantities and amounts of the products required to be purchased
- Supply Forecasting – partnering with the marketing team to forecast inventory demand and planning based on marketing optimization and various company initiatives
- Team & supply chain performance – identifying performance gaps, prioritize and manage improvement roadmaps
- Records Management – maintaining records and requirements for audit compliance
- Any other related duties that may be assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- Degree / Diploma in procurement or any Business Related field and Professional certification in procurement
- KCSE Minimum grade of C+
- 5 years’ Experience in procurement and supply chain management, experience in e- commerce industry is highly desirable
Skills and Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Purchasing and pricing strategy skills is mandatory
- Knowledge of distribution centre/fulfilment operations and processes
- Data driven mind-set & Strong commercial skills.
- Strong experience executing and managing the end-to-end procurement lifecycle Demonstrated knowledge of key business financial metrics
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
The post Supply Chain Lead at Mums Village appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.