Supply Chain Management Job Kakamega County
Job Group ‘K’
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position;
- Developing the procurement unit’s annual work plan and budget for review and inclusion into the Agency’s overall work plan and budget;
- Developing and implementing internal procurement procedures and policies;
- Advising on and implementing structures to ensure compliance with requirements of the Public Procurement Act and Regulations;
- Providing advisory services to Management on procurement and logistics matters;
- Ensuring proper record and safe custody of all procurement documents;
- Resolving disputes and claims with vendors and suppliers;
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields:- Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Procurement and Supplies Management, Marketing or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Served in the grade of Supply Chain Management Officer II or in a comparable and relevant position in Public Service or comparable position in Private Sector for a minimum period of three years;
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results Social Science or its equivalent preferably with a bias in supplies management or procurement or related disciplines from a recognized university;
- Have membership to a relevant professional body and possession of current practicing license;
- Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution;
- Meet the requirements of Articles 10, 232 and Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Applicants for the above positions will be required to get clearance from the following to meet requirements of chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya 2010:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum
Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport,and any other supporting documents. The positions applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin.
Applications should be submitted to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor.
All applications should reach this office on or before 13th November, 2018.
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer. Female Candidates and
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.