Supply Chain & Sales Operations Associate Job. Maisha Meds
NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Supply Chain Jobs, Maisha Meds Jobs
Join Our Team
We’re working to make quality medicines affordable for the 2.5 billion patients worldwide who access primary health care at their local drug shop. Not long ago, we started with app that tracked medication sales and inventory at these drug shops and clinics. Now we are moving into medication supply chains, partnering with suppliers to ensure that effective medicines are stocked in pharmacies across East Africa, and that they have the working capital to optimize their shops. Our software is used by hundreds of pharmacies in Africa to support hundreds of thousands of patients each year.
For the people who use our software, it represents a way of tracking business decisions and accessing deals and working capital. For patients, we help strengthen supply chains and ensure that the medicine that they buy will be affordable and consistently high quality, in a setting where 1 in 10 products is counterfeit or substandard.
Maisha Meds was first built by a multidisciplinary team at Stanford University that is passionate about supporting the health sector in East Africa. Our team is based in Kenya and has funding from Stanford University’s Biodesign Program and Center for Innovation in Global Health as well as D-Prize, the Unreasonable Institute in East Africa, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Merck’s Digital eHealth Accelerator in Nairobi, GIZ, and the Dioraphte Foundation.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent team member who would join our operations team with a focus on our pharmaceuticals supply chain, the development of our growing medication restocking platform, our growing voucher product, and general sales. An ideal candidate has experience in sales, marketing, operations, and developing and conducting trainings. This candidate enjoys a fast-paced working environment, loves working with and interacting with customers, and re-iterating systems to improve the customer experience. This candidate is a customer-centric leader who will effectively bring pharmacies onto the Maisha Meds platform, grow our restocking product and customer base, expand our voucher program and work to tailor our products and systems to best suit our pharmacy partners and patients.
- Process orders for medication that come from our clients
- Develop aftersales strategy and customer care approach, including managing customer service line, mapping out touch points to ensure customers continue to be engaged with the reorder system and providing follow-up advice and training as-needed. Ensure this is done in a systematic way such that customers have outstanding experience with Maisha Meds reorder feature
- Support in the development and refining of the systems used to track the reordering process
- Conduct inventory stock takes, data entry and training to ensure high-quality data is in-system.
- Support streamlining and scalability of onboarding process
- Leading the pitching and onboarding of pharmacies on to the Maisha Meds voucher program.
- Collecting feedback from pharmacies and iterating on / refining insights to make them actionable and immediately useful for pharmaceutical clients and others in the global health space
- Managing medication orders on consignment for all pharmacies that are part of the voucher program/receiving medications for the voucher program
- Mapping out touch points to ensure pharmacy partners and customers are engaged with the voucher program
- Tracking and analysis of all voucher program related data, including: inventory and reordering needs, enrollment, ODK form completion, and onboarding
- Providing follow-up advice and trainings as needed for pharmacies being onboarded to the voucher
- Support streamlining and scalability of the onboarding process for the voucher program
- Assist the general operations team in tasks as needed
- Maisha Meds reserves the right to adapt the work scope for the employee, in response to company needs or changes in direction
- Growing key business metrics such as revenue, unique customer count and recurring customer rate, with a focus on data-driven approach to identifying and addressing key customer pain point.
- Ensure close collaboration between corporate and technology teams to drive successful execution on strategies
- Serve as a key accounts manager and brand ambassador for Maisha Meds
- Proactively identify and communicate business risks and opportunities and synthesize customer feedback for team
- Bachelor’s degree in research, communication, sales, business or other related field
- 2+ years working in enterprise, sales, research or training, experience in medical or pharmaceutical field a plus
- Prior experience working with Excel, ODK, Dedoose and/or other quantitative and qualitative research tools a plus
- Prior experience in medical or pharmaceutical field a plus
- Humility, empathy, and a sense of humor. We are a small team that cares deeply about our work, and it is essential that we work well together
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients.
- A passion for building world class product with a desire to see it scaled widely
Why you should come work with us
Our company aims to take the best of Silicon Valley, including the technical expertise, rapid iteration, and agile processes, and apply its approach to solving problems that affect millions across sub-Saharan Africa. Though we can’t offer you catered daily meals, a ping-pong table, or 30” monitors, we can offer an opportunity to drive real, quantifiable change, leading a small but passionate tech team, and give you access to some of the world’s most incredible places. We are dedicated to our work and care deeply about our product’s impact, the clients and patients who use our software, and the company’s success. You’ll join our leadership team to grow a small startup to a company serving tens of millions of people.
Start date will be in January 2020, and compensation is commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch with a CV and some information about why you are interested in our company and this role at [email protected] with the subject line “Supply Chain Operations Associate”. Thank you!