System Administrator Job National Oil
Senior System Administrator Job, IT Jobs In Kenya 2020
POSITION : Senior System Administrator (Senior Systems Oracle Administrator)
LOCATION : Head Office
REPORTS TO : Assistant Manager ICT (Software & Business Development)
JOB GROUP : NOC 5
JOB HOLDER : Vacant
Reporting to the Assistant Manager ICT (Software & Business Development, the ideal candidate will ensure that the development, implementation, installation, configuration and upgrade of National Oil’s corporate databases and applications are aligned with the corporation’s mission, goals, and the strategic plan.
- Provide continuous support of production database services to ensure highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity and performance required by the Corporation’s business systems;
- Performing oracle e –business suite installation, maintenance, cloning, patching
- Implementing hot & cold backup schedule, active data guard, RAMAN backups, RAC and ASM;
- Implementing, installing, configuring and upgrading the corporate databases and applications in line with the corporate strategy;
- Providing first line technical support in resolution of application and corporate database technical issues raised by users and log the same in the helpdesk;
- Evaluating new technologies in applications and corporate related databases and their potential application to business;
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining sound backup and recovery policies and procedures;
- Implementing corporate disaster recovery plan solution to safeguard corporation information;
- Designing database and applications to efficiently utilize resources;
- Implementing and maintaining database security and access control;
- Performing database and application tuning and performance monitoring;
- Creation and maintenance of SQL queries and routines;
- Interfacing with relevant business partners on information management matters;
- Patching Management and Version Control; and
- Complying and adhering to statutory requirements concerning information management such as audit, risk management, copyright and freedom of information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Science
- ICT certification in Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
- ICT certifications in CCNP, MCITP and ITIL will be an added advantage
- At least five (5) years’ experience in database administration
- Project management Skills
- Analytical and keen to detail
- Trouble shooting skills
- Relational Data base management skills
- Good Inter- personal and communication skills
How to Apply
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and are thus required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with the job application:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics & Anti – Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Evidence of on-going clearance is admissible subject to satisfactory results (presentation of a clearance certificate from the above institutions) before the selection process.
Interested candidates can access advertisement and application details on the National Oil website www.nationaloil.co.ke Applicants should email applications to [email protected] In addition, please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience, positions held relevant to this role and indicate your current remuneration. Include your day and evening phone numbers, email address, names and addresses of three professional referees.
Applications should reach us not later than 5pm on Friday 31st July 2020.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
National Oil is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity