System and Cloud Infrastructure Administrator at HF Group
Housing Finance Company of Kenya was incorporated as the premier mortgage Finance Institution in Kenya licensed under the Banking Act with the CDC and the GoK owning 60% and 40% respectively.
Housing Finance started operations with the main objective of implementing the government’s policy of promoting thrift and home ownership by lending funds advanced from First Permanent East Africa Limited (FPEA). Operations were restricted to the zoned residential areas within Nairobi and Mombasa.
Reporting To: Manager Infrastructure
Overall Job Purpose
The System and Cloud Infrastructure Administrator will be responsible for defining and supporting both on premise and cloud infrastructure to provide buildout groups with a secure and standard operating environment for development and production workloads. The job holder will also work as an intermediary between development and infrastructure teams to recommend solutions that are sustainable for all parties.
- Determining roles and permissions for different teams that will allow them to perform their responsibilities while maintaining a least privilege model. Automating and managing roles, permissions and key infrastructure to deploy provide access to cloud resources.
- Define and manage asset partitioning e.g. Subscriptions and Resource Groups. Maintaining segregation across partitions and working with groups to navigate resource usages across partitions. Analyze and troubleshoot issues encountered by the business and customers as they utilize the systems.
- Educate teams on best practices in regards to deploying and maintaining cloud assets. Working with infrastructure teams to determine location and configuration of assets in an effort to combine resources and reduce costs. Assisting development groups with navigating cloud infrastructure and utilizing assets.
- Research and review industry’s latest solutions in various technology spaces related to cloud (Virtualization, Containerization, Backup Strategies, etc.) and provide recommendations to continuously improve performance.
- Recommend and implement approved cloud security initiatives.
- Steer all changes touching on Hybrid Infrastructure.
- Providing leadership and guidelines for monitoring performance of on premise and cloud virtual machines, databases, storage, scale sets, automated alerts, Databases and VPN connections.
- Day to day Management of various security of infrastructure such as Just-in-Time Access (JIT) and communication port restrictions.
- Logging and managing cloud related support calls – Incident management.
- Backup monitoring and performing restores for all cloud data center servers.
- Managing Azure networks i.e. local network gateways, virtual networks and VPN connections.
- Virtual machine scale set upgrades and image creation.
- Planning and execution of infrastructure related changes such as promotion of scale sets.
- Managing roles and rights on Azure subscription and Azure active directory.
- Monitoring Azure costs and billing.
- Capacity planning for both public & private cloud and on premise infrastructure.
- Provide report to Management regarding consumption, bills and other factors as may be required from time to time.
- Act as liaison between internal teams and level 2 and 3 infrastructure support partners.
- Document all procedures and processes related to HF system administration and management.
- Configuring, troubleshooting and administering the Microsoft Windows Server Operating System 2012, 2016 & 2019 and key roles, including; Active Directory, DNS, DHCP IIS, FTP and Clustering.
- Monitoring Server health and taking the necessary measures to ensure optimal performance.
- Monitoring email services (hybrid) to ensure availability is as stipulated in the SLA
- Continuous Documentation of the servers and the roles assigned
- Patch management of windows environment (enterprise and server)
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree holder in Information Technology from a recognized University
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in infrastructure administration with bias in cloud.
- Experience with Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform.
- Certifications in various system administration courses such as MCSE, Azure administration and architecture, Linux, Solaris, Windows server etc.
- Experience with automation, Git and continuous delivery
- Practice in designing and implementing business continuity / disaster recovery and high availability plans.
- Good troubleshooting aptitude.
- One or more IT certification such as in Microsoft systems, cloud administration and Unix/Linux administration.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinker
- Problem solving skills
- Good communicator
- Team player.
The post System and Cloud Infrastructure Administrator at HF Group appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.