Systems Auditor at Simba Corp
Simba Corporation is an integrated business group headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya with controlling interests in such diversified fields as motor sales and service, hospitality, investment and financial services. Simba Corporation has grown from a modest used-car sales enterprise, founded in 1948 by Mr. Abdul Karim Popat, into one of Kenya’s most successful indigenous commercial organizations with a rich heritage in motor vehicle sales and service.At Simba, we take pride in always creating value in the business we do- most especially for our customers. The singular tenet we stand by is to ensure that our customers have confidence in our products and services through accessibility, reliability and transparency. Simba is a member of KAM (Kenya Association of Manufacturers), KEPSA (Kenya Private Sector Alliance), KMI (Kenya Motor Industry Association), FKE (Federation of Kenya Employers),among others and in 2016, signed the code of Ethics for business in Kenya under the United Nations Global Compact Network- Kenya.
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
To provide professional audit work, individually or as a team member, in conducting reviews of the Information Systems, policies, procedures and practices and other assigned organizational areas in accordance with Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit, and departmental standards
Key responsibilities will include:
- With review and approval of the Internal Audit Manager, plans and executes corporate information technology (IT) audit projects designed to provide assessment of internal control processes and operational performance, in accordance with department and professional standards.
- Performs IT general and application control reviews for computer information systems.
- Prepares audit work papers and reports documenting the result of reviews of assigned activities and recommended management action.
- Performs, individually or as part of a team, IT audits of the Corporation in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit as set forth by the IIA, and department standards.
- With review and approval of the Internal Audit Manager, prepares detailed plans for performing individual audits including the identification of key risks and controls, determination of audit objectives, and development of an appropriate audit program.
- Assists in the development and execution of a comprehensive IS audit plan based upon risk assessment, management’s goals and objectives, and the requirements of the Board Audit and Risk Committee.
- Prepares, under minimal supervision, audit reports designed to provide management with an objective assessment of systems, processes and operations, and management’s planned corrective actions.
- Participates in reviews of internal controls and security of systems under development as well as major IT projects and initiatives.
- Perform or assist in the performance of special projects or studies, including IS risk assessments, fraud investigations, audit department policy updates etc.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, IT OR Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ operational IT audit experience in an environment that provides exposure to sophisticated information systems audit techniques, network security, technology infrastructure, software development, project management, or a related field with a need for Internal Audit.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or another equivalent with strong knowledge of International Standards on Auditing and Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing will be an added advantage.
- Full or Part Certification as a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other relevant IT Certification such as a Certified Network Engineer or Certified Security Professional.
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems.
- Understanding of concepts related to information systems audit, including security and control risks such as logical and physical access security, change management, information security, business recovery practices and network technology.
- Experience with electronic audit work paper technology preferably Teammate Audit Management System and Computer Aided Auditing Techniques (CAATs) e.g. ACL/IDEA
- Knowledge of Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT)
- Membership to professional bodies e.g. ICPAK, The IIA, ISACA
Skills and competencies required
- Demonstrated critical thinking and strong analytical ability
- Network and network systems design, capacity planning, operations methodology, error detection/resolution techniques, quality assurance techniques, and IT implementation and management methodologies.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills suitable to interact at management level and above. Ability to negotiate and inspire effective, timely, proactive or corrective action by management.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently even while contributing to the success of the team.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
The post Systems Auditor at Simba Corp appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.