Systems & Database Administrator at Mater Hospital
- Company: Mater Hospital
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Reporting to the Head of ICT, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following responsibilities amongst others:
- Configuration, maintenance, and reliable operation of computer systems, networks, servers, and virtualization.
- Installation and upgrade of computer components and software applications; management of virtual servers and integration of automation processes.
- Performing or delegating regular backup operations and implementation of appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Maintaining systems authentication and integrity by managing systems access, firewall setup and maintenance, antivirus updates, etc.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when need arises.
- Providing documentation and technical specifications to ICT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of ICT infrastructure.
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated ICT equipment when necessary.
- Monitoring systems performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Monitoring systems capacity, storage planning, and databases performance
- Maintaining updated inventories for all ICT equipment and assets i.e. hardware, software, licenses, virtual servers etc.
- Providing technical support to users and clients when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, ICT Management or a closely related field.
- Over 3 years working experience in a busy environment with database administration, network administration and systems administration.
- ICT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, Database, Network or other closely related fields.
- Setup and working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing ICT strategies and plans.
- Strong knowledge of effective development and implementation of ICT helpdesk and operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the above position and you meet the requirements listed, please send your application letter and a detailed CV to [email protected] by January 5th 2020. Indicate on the subject line of the position applied. Include your current and expected salary on the CV.
Mater Misericordiae Hospital does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process. Mater is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.