TA – Associate Digital Fundraising Officer at UNHCR
Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Africa is building up their digital fundraising in key markets within the region. After having established a strong regional advocacy and engagement campaign (LuQuLuQu), PSP Africa is now building up its digital fundraising and supporter-to-donor conversion activities, in order to meet ambitious long-term fundraising targets. In 2019 and beyond, PSP Africa will continue to test and optimize digital donor acquisition in key markets, test new multi-channel marketing approaches, and engage in remote market fundraising through digital channels. Each of these areas will require the oversight and direction of a strong digital marketer.
This role of Associate Digital Fundraising Officer is to work with the digital fundraising team to effectively manage all activities related to digital acquisition, online fundraising and donor development. It exists to drive PSP Africa¿s digital marketing and fundraising campaigns and to oversee all aspects of digital engagement and supporter conversion in the region. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring regional digital fundraising targets and other digital engagement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as long-term Return on Investment (ROI) and effective Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) are effectively met. The Associate Digital Fundraising Officer will work with the Digital Marketing Officer, to manage the regional digital media agency to ensure paid media targets are effectively met, and ensure that digital acquisition activities are tracked, measured and optimized, as required, to meet ambitious fundraising and ROI goals. S/he will also be required to work with the Digital Marketing Officer on the multi-channel marketing approach (including two-step conversion) and to work with suppliers as needed to ensure this is effectively executed. Finally, s/he will also work with the Digital Marketing Officer, to test and optimize remote digital marketing approaches in new markets and manage remote digital donor acquisition, cultivation and development activities.
Together with the Digital Fundraising Officer, s/he will be responsible for ensuring that, the right digital marketing strategy, capacity and tools are in place to generate strong donor response online to increase income and engagement regionally. S/he is expected to have an excellent grasp of key digital marketing channels (including paid search, social media ads, programmatic, native etc.) and understand their value and role in engaging and converting leads and donors. S/he must also have a holistic grasp of all digital and mobile platforms and how to best optimize them for donor acquisition and fundraising development. Finally, s/he must understand digital¿s role in a multi-channel environment and be confident in effectively executing lead generation and conversion techniques for fundraising.
S/he is expected to liaise with core stakeholders including the Regional Management team, HQ digital support units, and PSP and communications colleagues in the region, as well as external suppliers including digital media agencies and digital development teams.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage PSP Africa¿s digital fundraising and donor development programs. This includes overseeing and optimizing all aspects of digital, fundraising and marketing including paid media approaches, lead generation and conversion campaigns, and digital supporter retention and development activities (including email and SMS marketing). It also involves monitoring and reporting on key digital KPIs and developing new testing strategies and optimization mechanisms to ensure effective growth and ROI from digital fundraising activities;
- Develop the strategy and execution of digital marketing in key regions. Coordinate the set-up of digital marketing tests (including set up of infrastructure and tagging), manage and optimize paid media activities, monitor fundraising results and optimize paid marketing activities, and develop follow up donor journeys and e-appeals;
- Develop and implement multi-channel lead generation and conversion strategies to convert non-financial supporters into donors. Use paid digital media, mobile money, SMS, email and other digital channels and techniques effectively to convert and retain new donors;
- Ensure digital fundraising opportunities are effectively capitalized on during emergencies and key media moments;
- Support the Regional Digital Fundraising Officer to manage the relationship with the regional digital media agency and feedback on digital media plans and campaign reports to ensure that digital acquisition targets are being effectively met;
- Support with the development and coordination of regional digital campaigns and initiatives for lead generation and donor acquisition;
- Follow and identify digital trends and tools that can impact UNHCR¿s digital engagement approach in Africa;
- Coordinate support from HQ digital units, and engage key stakeholders in the region (such as communications colleagues, regional office staff etc.) as required for the benefit of the digital fundraising program;
- Develop annual plans and investment applications for digital marketing activities;
- Monitor digital fundraising channel budgets and income, and ensure that digital budgets are being used effectively to meet long and short term fundraising KPIs. Ensure accurate reporting and monitoring;
- Produce internal reporting related to digital, including quarterly fundraising reports
- Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
- University degree in Marketing; E-Commerce; Business Administration; Computer Science; Communications; or other relevant field plus 3 years (or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree) in performance-driven digital marketing or digital fundraising;
- Proven work experience with using paid digital media channels including programmatic, search, social to raise funds, build a customer database and increase lifetime value;
- Experience with developing digital and social media campaign strategies and marketing plans for the purposes of donor acquisition and development;
- Strong knowledge of all key digital channels and their roles in donor engagement, conversion and development;
- Experience in running lead generation and conversion campaigns;
- In-depth understanding of media buying and digital acquisition including working with media agencies and critiquing plans and reports.
- Strong knowledge of web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics 360; Ideally have held/hold a Google Analytics Individual Qualification Certification;
- Vast knowledge of digital measurement metrics, and experience with producing performance reports for senior stakeholders;
- Experience in developing and critiquing media plans and campaign reporting, and using data to improve fundraising performance;
- In-depth understanding of e-commerce and conversion methodologies;
- Strong experience with using email, SMS and other digital communications methods to increase loyalty and funds raised from existing donors;
- Desirable competencies
- Experience working with content management systems, e-commerce portals and payment gateways such as WorldPay, Stripe and PayPal an asset;
- Experience working in a regional digital marketing role and running remote digital marketing programs an asset;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills;
- Professional experience within the not-for-profit sector, UN agencies or international institutions is an asset.
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong ability to analyze figures and make decisions based on data and analysis;
- Strong knowledge of digital fundraising and campaign management metrics;
- Mature and organized with attention to detail;
- Confident and motivated;
- Persuasive yet diplomatic;
- Capable of interacting thoughtfully with people from different cultures and backgrounds;
- Ability to work in a structure with a variety of stakeholders;
- Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service oriented manner in a demanding working condition that often functions on short-term deadlines;
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings;
Fluency in English (verbal and written).
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Regional travel will be required.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Please note that the closing date for applications to this TA advertisement is Tuesday 12 May 2020 (mid-night Geneva time).
The post TA – Associate Digital Fundraising Officer at UNHCR appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.