Team Leader at SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in many of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
(Open to both national and international applicants)
Reporting to the Country Director, the Team leader will have overall responsibility and accountability of the programme which includes overall programme management i.e. contract implementation according to planning and budgeting agreement, strategic guidance and partnership development with key stakeholders, supervision of human resources, and ensuring quality control and timeliness of all deliverables including reporting as required by the donor. This position will deliver 16 expert months (i.e. 40%) spread across a 44 calendar months’ project and is open to both national international applicants.
Responsibilities And Tasks
- Overall responsibility for the advisory package of the project;
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the programme of SNV/WHH Kenya with the key project strategy and actions at local and national level;
- Promote strategy, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development among local implementing partners and stakeholders;
- Ensuring application of cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender, climate change, social stability);
- Personnel management, including the deployment of short-term assignments within the available budget, as well as planning and steering assignments and supporting local and international short-term experts;
- Ensuring results-based monitoring is conducted;
- Regular reporting in accordance with contract compliance;
- Responsibility for the use of funds according to financial planning and budgeting in consultation with GIZ’s officer responsible for the commission;
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating/adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase
- University qualification in economics, agricultural economics, or any other related fields of study;
- Very good business language skills in English;
- 10 years of professional experience in rural development, employment;
- 5 years in rural employment promotion with focus on youth, local economic development, agriculture value chain development, MSME and start-up promotion, private sector cooperation;
- 6 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company;
- 3 years of experience in projects in East Africa (region);
- 6 years of experience in Developing Cooperation projects;
- Experience in financial management.
Contract Duration: 16 expert months delivered across a 44 months’ project.
Desired start date: Subject to Project award
The post Team Leader at SNV Netherlands Development Organisation appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.