Team Leader at Sustainet Group
Sustainet E.A. is a Non- governmental organization promoting sustainable agricultural practices in East and Horns of Africa. Our network includes 209 NGOs/CBOs from the region with a reach out of 1.5 million small-holder farmers. Sustainet E.A. Focuses on promotion of sustainable agricultural practices aimed at eradicating hunger and poverty through increasing agricultural productivity and profitability while conserving the utilization of the natural resources. Sustainet came into being as an initiative by the German Council for Sustainable Development through “programme of action 2015: Poverty reduction- a Global Responsibility”, in 2003. The project was piloted in three regions of East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania), Asia (India) and Latin America (Peru and Bolivia) www.sustainet.org. However in 2009 founding member organizations from East Africa region at an Annual General Meeting (AGM) resolved to legally register the initiative as an international NGO
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the performance with other achievements of the programme at local and national level.
- Conception, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of measures for the capacity development of local partners in the following areas:
o Advising partner institutions, training centres, district governments, youth organizations, financial institutions and relevant companies; responsibility for developing the concept of education and training aimed at improving employability and employment opportunities and the agri-food sector.
- Ensuring the compatibility of project management.
- Considering cross-cutting issues (e.g. gender equality).
- Identification of short-term deployments within the available budget, planning and management of operations and support for local and international short-term staff.
- Ensure impact monitoring.
- Support preparation and adaptation of the operational plan, project-relevant research and in the preparation and implementation of an internal evaluation/preparation of a follow-up project.
- Responsibility for controlling the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with officer responsible for the commission.
- Ensuring networking and coordination with other development partners in the region.
- Supporting development, presentation and dissemination of developed concepts and knowledge products in the discussions at national level.
- Supporting development of Public Relations materials and awareness-raising activities.
- Monitoring of trainees and trainees (if given) in their professional environment and feedback /measures to improve the working environment.
- University degree (diploma/master),M.Sc. or comparable degree in vocational education, agriculture, agricultural economy, rural development, social sciences or related fields
- Reliable English skills (C1 according to European reference framework); good command of the German language in word and writing (B2)
- 10 years of professional experience in the rural development and/or vocational training sector
- 8 years in agricultural value chains, rural vocational training/youth employment or regional economic development
- 5 years of management experience as a team leader in projects or management in companies
- 5 years of experience in projects in sub-Saharan Africa.
- 5 years of experience in EZ projects.
- Experience in cooperation with private companies and financial institutions, application of gender-sensitive approaches and their Adaptation, consulting on organizational development and participatory processes, Monitoring and evaluation).
- Proven training in Capacity WORKS
- Experience in financial management.
The post Team Leader at Sustainet Group appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.