Technical Director at Switch TV
SwitchTV is to be the most influential platform for educating and empowering the youth to solve humanitarian issues in Kenya in Africa and the whole world.
Switch TV, an engaging, positive and progressive national general entertainment channel for young adults with the vision to expand internationally is recruiting. The Vision of Switch TV is to be the most influential platform for educating and empowering the youth to solve humanitarian issues in Kenya, in Africa and the whole world. Established in 2017 we plan to operate a valuable portfolio of news, info and edutainment networks, significant television production operations.
Switch TV is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS).
Reporting to: Broadcast Systems Technician & Studio Supervisor
Coordinate and direct all studio and external multi-camera productions to international standards.
- Determine, manage and co-ordinate the administrative and technical resources required to produce Television programmes.
- Liaise with producers/editors on level of creative input that can be done to adhere to the programme production instructions with the objective of keeping all productions interesting and entertaining to the viewer.
- Ensure production checklists are properly updated and all materials required are in place by set deadlines.
- Direct TV studio live productions.
- Operate all equipment in studio and on location e.g. The Vision mixer.
- Quality control. This includes time management, advice talent on dress code especially when using the green box, proper studio lighting, proper camera blocking, proper sound and video feeds, etc.
- Ensure studio preparedness of all on-air staff including anchors, presenters as well as guests.
- Instruct anchors/show hosts, technical team and guests before and during production.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned; video editing, camera operations etc.
- Daily reports to the supervisor.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- University Degree or Diploma in TV production/Media Technology.
- Minimum 2 years of live studio and news production
- Deep familiarity with TV news and magazine production
- Knowledge in News Room Octopus System rundown management software
- Team management skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Thrive in a high-pressure environment.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication and Organizational Skills
- Leadership skills
- Stress Management
The post Technical Director at Switch TV appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.