Technical Director, Western Kenya – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Activities (WASH)
Winrock is seeking WASH Technical Director candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)project in Kenya. The project will apply a facilitative approach, working across government, private sector, and civil society, to strengthen availability, accessibility and reliability of WASH services. The project will foster close alliances with county governments and build their capacity for service delivery and regulation, while applying a market-driven lens to support private sector WASH service and equipment providers to deliver services to communities in Kenya. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Provide overall technical direction to the project’s systems approach.
- Design and implement a market-led strategy that incentivizes investment in water supply and sanitation and hygiene products and services, improved technologies, equitable coverage, and accountable delivery.
- Partner with with private sector, civil society, and government partners to develop market-led solutions to market and business enabling barriers to WASH sector competitiveness.
- Work closely with financial institutions, end-markets, service providers, as well as the Behavior Change and GESI specialists to increase access to WASH markets and critical inputs and market services.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s degree required in relevant fields of study related to the sector of the project, including but not limited to business, international development, public administration/policy, water resources management, and Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH), value chain development.
- Minimum of 7 years of practical experience in facilitating investment and partnerships in market systems, preferably in the water supply, sanitation or menstrual hygiene management sectors
- Demonstrated track record of working with financial service providers, investors, private sector, and public private partnerships
- An understanding of policy, economics, and market issues in the water and sanitation sectors, preferably in the Kenya context
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience integrating Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) into water security and livelihoods programming.
- Technical understanding of water resource management and sanitation.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the initiative and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of regional stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Swahili required
*Please note that all CVs must be submitted in English.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their CV and cover letter via the Winrock careers page at: https://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/job-openings/?gh_jid=4777037002