Technical Officer Job, Current Technical Jobs In Kenya
Role Summary: Reporting to the Maintenance & Projects Manager, the job holder will assist in identifying and performing structural maintenance jobs, repairing equipment and updating maintenance records as well as advise on cost effective maintenance and repair costs.
- Ensure all communication gadgets in the Hospital are in good working condition e.g. telephones, radio call gadgets and pagers.
- Liaise with the electrical team to ensure that all the power sources within the Hospital are in proper working condition at all times.
- Develop and maintain Hospital general maintenance schedules and ensure adherence to the same.
- Keep a maintenance record and filing documents, invoices, and instruction manuals.
- Keep an inventory of maintenance tools, materials and parts.
- Report urgent maintenance and repair tasks to Maintenance Manager and Administration for approval.
- Proactively perform structural maintenance and keep Hospital grounds neat.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager to keep the workshop clean and tidy.
- Ensure scheduled diagnosing of equipment malfunctions and perform repairs as soon as is practically possible.
- Follow up on the approval for purchasing maintenance tools, materials or replacement parts.
- Advice the Maintenance team on cost-effective ways to perform maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure that the Hospital equipment and machines e.g. boiler, incinerator, generator, fire-fighting equipment and other installations, are serviced regularly as per industry standards.
- Work with Technical team to provide technical support during construction and infrastructure development in the Hospital.
- Ensure that the Hospital staff adhere to the safety regulations at all time while using the Hospital equipment and machines.
- Support the Maintenance Manager in Contractor management and provide oversight of the outsourced projects.
- Ensure that we are following industry standards and best practices in the unit.
- Support the Maintenance Manager to offer leadership in the Maintenance dept.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Projects Management from a recognized University.
- Diploma qualification in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Projects Management with relevant experience will be considered.
- Five (5) years relevant experience in a busy reputable maintenance/technical department.
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, masonry and electrical systems.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and perform maintenance tasks and repairs.
- Working knowledge of record keeping and preparing maintenance schedules.
- Experience taking inventory of maintenance materials and replacement parts.
- Proficiency in working with budgets and advising on maintenance and repair costs.
- Exposure in work order system will be an added advantage
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please send your application letter with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration level, daytime telephone contact number and the names, contact number and addresses of three professional referees to:[email protected] by 30th June, 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, NOTE: Hard Copy applications will not be accepted.