Technical Support Associate at Flare
Our vision is that no matter where you are, or who you are, emergency response is only minutes away. In just under three years of operating in Kenya, we assembled the largest network of ambulances and fire responders on one platform, reduced response times by more than 80%, and attracted tens of thousands of members. Through fast, coordinated response, we’ve saved hundreds of lives. In 2020, we’re looking to go to the next level by expanding our Rescue.co Provider Community and becoming the largest network of first responders in Africa, and we need your help!
The team: We are a lean team of two founders, 7 engineers, 8 ops people, 8 medical and emergency dispatchers, and 3 dogs. We are focused on creating a productive, solid, and passionate atmosphere on our team. Our values include initiative, grit, and focus on innovation. While we are currently working remotely to ensure social distancing, we are all looking forward to the day when we can once again eat lunch together, share drinks and fun in the evenings and weekends.
Who you are: You have a technical background but thrive in environments where you are working closely with others. You can pick up new technology quickly and have the patience to teach others how to use it. When you encounter a problem, you don’t give up until you find the source of it, even if it means taking something apart to put it back together again. You have a natural talent for managing relationships, and you aren’t afraid to reach out to people to introduce yourself. You are detail-oriented and prefer to document everything you do right away.
This is a highly collaborative role: you will work very closely with every member of our team and our growing Provider Community of ambulance, fire engine and security partners. These are the partners we rely on to respond to emergency situations every day, so this role is an opportunity to make a major impact!
Also, this is not your typical 9-5 job. Because our partners, and our dispatchers, work 24/7, there may be times when your work may fall outside normal hours.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage, provision, and test devices in the field. This entails following detailed technical specs to provision hardware and testing it internally and with partners.
- Collecting feedback from users in the field and translating this into bug reports and feature requests.
- Maintain careful and accurate logs of support requests and our assets in the field.
- Help document and train on proper device use and platform features.
- Onboard new partners and train them on the Flare Platform, ensuring they have the tools and technology they need to do their job on a daily basis.
- Serve as the main point of contact for our partners when they have any questions or need support.
- Maintain all records of partner communication and contacts within our Partner Relationship Manager.
- Ensure our Mobile Device Management and Asset Management software is always kept up-to-date with accurate information.
- Assist in the setup of new systems that will help us better manage our Provider Community.
- Track partner engagement and identify opportunities to increase through product features, communication methods, or other channels.
- Look for and implement strategies to engage our partners and provide a sense of community.
- Lead the active recruitment of partners across Kenya – and beyond!
Basic requirements for the role:
- 3+ years experience in a technical role, in technical QC, DevOps, deployment, or testing, technical training, technical or IT support, or another related technical field (please specify)
- Previous experience managing a mobile device deployment
- A thorough understanding of technical specs and testing techniques
- Ability to write technical documentation and data-driven reports
- Prior experience using a CRM and basic knowledge of CRM best practices
- Previously demonstrated experience learning and teaching others a new technology
- This role is both technical and user-facing. We expect the ideal candidate to be comfortable collecting feedback in the field, as well as following up and sustaining relationships over phone/email/in-person interactions with users. This means exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, as well as attention to detail, are absolutely necessary. Feel free to use the application process to highlight your skills in this domain.
Things that will make you stand out:
- Software or coding experience, particularly web or Android mobile development
- Experience setting up and implementing systems (like a CRM) previously
- Experience working at a start-up or other fast-paced environment
- Prior sales experience
The post Technical Support Associate at Flare appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.