Technology Advisor at Educate!
Educartis is the largest web-based education information portal in Africa. We support the need for professional guidance and efforts to upskill learners in an ever-changing workforce and economic landscape. Safe, secure and easy-to-navigate, the two-sided information-sharing tool connects local education providers with local learners in the region. Offered in three languages including French, Portuguese and English, Educartis is the long-awaited online resource serving the youngest and fastest growing economies in the region including Angola, Cameroon, Nigeria, South Africa, Ivory Coast, DR Congo, Ghana, Zambia and Kenya.
Educate! currently achieves impact on youth life outcomes through direct delivery of our model in schools (what we call “School Solutions”) and through the integration of our model into national education systems (“Education System Solutions”). In addition to these two solution areas, in 2019 Educate! is exploring a new and innovative pathway to sustainably impact out of school youth (OoSY) livelihoods at scale through Learning Point.
Learning Point Ltd is looking for a Tech Advisor who will continuously lead a tech consultancy company in building an educational product with strong user adoption that has exponential revenue growth. He/she will ensure successful technology build and product delivery and maintain a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivering of NawiriPro to the Kenyan market.
Ensuring that technological resources meet the Learning Point’s short and long-term needs while improving the product. He/she will be advising the technological development and tech auditing of the final product by creating a schedule for analysis, reviewing the tech development and testing of technology and working with our consulting tech firm.
The technical advisor will be working directly with the Co-Founders of Learning Point.
You are the perfect fit for this role if you:
- If you are a strategic thinker and an expert in learning management technological development
- If you are an A-level developer with deep knowledge of programming, software architecture design, cloud-based infrastructure configuration, open-source platforms e.t.c
- Have a high EQ (Emotional Intelligence) and can create strong relationships the team and are able to work independently, feel comfortable communicating to all levels of leadership (both internal & external)
- Thrive in a scrappy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity and frequent changes to direction as the company works towards product-market fit and learns to operate at scale.
- Identify and compare our tech solution to review if it meets our current and future needs by providing advice on best practices on building an LMS.
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform the necessary improvements and adjustments to our technology.
- Communicate and document technology strategy to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage our tech consultancy firm on the development timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Monitor Tech KPIs and budgets to assess technological performance.
- Explore new technologies and recommend to the leadership team whether to implement them.
Managing Technical Design & Deliverables
- Assess the technical feasibility and design the software architecture; recommend and advise on the suitable technology stack
- Create and manage our access, dev experience & operations, hosting, testing, intra-communication, storage, caching, backend CMS, frontend, security and business intelligence tech strategy.
- Work with the tech consulting firm to design and configure infrastructure.
- Work with the tech consulting firm to design and implement a database design.
- Review the quality assurance and data protection processes.
- Improve and optimize application architecture.
- Ensure scalability of the application and infrastructure.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Review the SLAs of the tech consultancy firm and escalation matrix.
Technical Auditing & Documentation
- Diagnosing technology system problems, inefficiencies and weaknesses and share recommendations.
- Identify root causes and associated corrective actions, evaluate product performance (via internal audit), lead continuous improvement efforts, and collaborate with the tech consultancy firm on the execution of technical or product changes.
- Produce detailed reports on the efficacy of the technology by communicating in understandable business terms and provide full technical build documentation.
- More than 6 years of building commercial and educational tech products in developing markets.
- Previous working experience at or near the CTO (Chief Technology Officer) level for (3-5) years for at least a mid-sized organization
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated history with technology.
- In-depth knowledge of web learning systems architecture, design and development
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Hands-on experience with complex project management
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.
- Collaborative, data-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Learn more by looking at Learning Point culture deck here
The post Technology Advisor at Educate! appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.