Technology Risk Specialist at Equity Bank Kenya
Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams.
Head of IT and Cyber risk
- Update the technology risk management framework on an annual basis with the changes in the environment.
- Review technology policies, processes and procedures identify potential opportunities for improvement and alignment.
- Working across the technology department to analyze and better understand their risk profile.
- Review IT initiatives from technology risk perspectives and provide advisory and recommendation.
- Supervise the IT disaster recovery measures deployed across the group.
- Defining a risk and control methodology and framework to use in conducting risk assessments.
- Proactively managing risks so that there are no major incidents, breaches or examples of non-compliance.
- Adhere to, advise, oversee, monitor and enforce enterprise frameworks and methodologies that relate to technology controls activities.
- Assist in the definition of the technology risk appetite statements and monitor Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) against our technology risk appetite.
- Assist with the Technology Risk reporting operations, including scheduling key monthly meetings, monitoring key milestones, escalation of past due activities, problem triage and management.
- Increase awareness and enhance risk culture across the organization and provide day to day risk and control advise as trusted 2nd line subject matter expert.
- Deliver with minimal supervision.
- Avid researcher of best practices and happenings in the global cyber space.
- Engage key stakeholders on actions required.
- Team player and contributor.
- Strong problem-solving, persuasive skills and an ability to grasp abstract concepts and complex technology situations to challenge the status quo and further develop and build on our IT Risk Management Framework.
- Excellent communication skill, both verbal and written, with the ability to initiate and lead conversations with technology and business leaders and risk colleagues regarding anticipated and emerging issues.
The post Technology Risk Specialist at Equity Bank Kenya appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.