Back-End Developer Job, IT Jobs Kenya 2021,
Role title: Back End Developer
Company: Techsavanna company LTD, Nairobi
Directorate: IT & Operations
Reports to: Full stack Development Manager
The backend developer will be responsible for building scalable RESTFul APIs, the server-side application logic, integration with both internal and external systems.
Responsibilities/ Accountabilities Strategy, Planning & Execution
• Design, build and maintain efficient RESTFul APIs in Java/C#
• Build Reusable Code and Library for Future Use
• Design and Implementation of data storage solutions
• Work with Frontend and Mobile App developers to define RESTFul API specs
• Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high value results
• Participating in Sprint Planning and tracking work items
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience developing applications in Java or C#
- 3+ years of experience in ASP.NET Core or Spring Boot
- Experience with SOAP and REST services
- Good understanding of DevOps and CI/CD practices
- Familiarity with container technologies like Docker and K8s
- Experience with SQL Server, Oracle Database and MongoDB
- Experience with cloud technologies Azure/AWS
- Experience with OAuth and JWT Tokens
- Knowledge of API Management solutions
- Knowledge of MicroService Architecture
- Experience with gRPC
- Experience with Kafka
- Must be able and willing to collaborate in a team/cooperative environment as well as exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Is extremely logical, detail oriented with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work-load and meet multiple project deadlines.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high- pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
- Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.