Temporary Assistant – Issuer Governance at Capital Markets Authority (CMA)
The Capital Markets Authority (CMA) is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing efficient Capital Markets in Kenya.
Contract Period: 6 Months
Reporting to the Manager, Issuer Governance the selected candidate will be responsible for;
- Conducting analysis of corporate governance structures and practices by issuers of securities to determine compliance with the Code of Corporate Governance Practices for issuers of securities;
- Organizing and participating in forums and other engagements with the issuers of securities, the institutional investors and other key stakeholders to facilitate compliance with the code of corporate governance and the stewardship code;
- Developing, reviewing and updating governance scorecards and assessment tools;
- Preparing materials for issuers and stakeholder engagements as and when required;
- Organizing and participating in capacity workshops and seminars for institutional investors and issuers on Corporate Governance;
- Maintaining updated databases on all information on corporate governance compliance and standards and undertake trend analysis;
- Implementing quality management systems and continuously identify and manage governance and sustainability risks;
- Discharge all duties required particularly in attending and updating management on the outcome of issuers annual general shareholders meetings and investors briefing meetings;
- Attending and participating in division and other task specific committees with internal and external stakeholders as and when required;
- Preparing Management, Technical Committee and Board reports on Corporate Governance matters under consideration; and
- Undertake any other responsibilities as and when assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in law, finance, business related or relevant field; and
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages.
Key skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Communication, report writing and presentation skills;
- Analytical skills to effectively and efficiently assess good governance practices of issuers of securities to the public;
- Understanding of the Kenyan legislative and judicial system;
- Sound knowledge of the capital markets regulatory framework relating to governance of issuers of securities to the public;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team; and
- Effective decision-making skills with drive for results.
The post Temporary Assistant – Issuer Governance at Capital Markets Authority (CMA) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.