TERMS OF REFERENCE-MOVING THE GOALPOSTS STRATEGIC PLANNING CONSULTANT
MTG’s board and staff members have begun the strategic planning process, reviewing the organization’s financial management, human resource management, operations, systems and governance, reflecting on achievements and areas for improvement. It is in further discussion on MTG’s values, the theory of change, managing growth etc.
MTG expects the consultant to join this process and carry out several specific tasks:
- Review the impact of all MTG programs for the strategic period 2016 to 2020;
- Carry out external partner and stakeholder review to assess their relevance and contribution to the strategic plan 2016-2020 and the new strategy 2021-2025;
- Facilitate a two-day blue-sky meeting with the MTG management team & Board in Kilifi, Kenya to develop new strategies for the period 2021-2025;
- Plan, in consultation with the Executive Director, for the strategic planning retreat;
- Facilitate the two-day strategic planning retreat (to be held early March 2021) and two-day validation workshops for internal and external stakeholders;
- Lead the writing of MTG strategic plan for period 2021-2025; and
- Facilitate a two-day retreat with MTG management team and board in Kilifi, to disseminate findings and discuss recommendations from the midterm review.
- To produce a final document outlining the Strategic Plan.
Exceptional facilitation and communication skills;
A strong background in, and commitment to, the women’s rights movement in Africa, and sexual and reproductive health and rights;
A thorough understanding of programming and implementation of advocacy-related outcomes, and community-based activities for adolescent girls in Africa
Practical experience in supporting nonprofits to develop viable expansion strategies and previous work with successful social enterprises;
An understanding of the sport for development approach;
Innovative, creative and passionate.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops;
- High level written and oral skills in English and Swahili;
- Familiarity with community sports or sports for development programmes;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills interaction with communities and development partners; and
- Experience in research, programming-related work and strategy development.
How to apply
To apply for the tender, submit:
A documented suggested plan (no more than two pages) for the proposed project;
A budget for the suggested work;
Your CV; and
Evidence of previous experience in strategic planning in the non-profit sector.
Please send your application to [email protected] before 16th March 2021.