Territory Sales Manager at Melvins Tea
Melvin Marsh International is a Kenyan based family business that first begun with the production of Kenya first free-flowing salt- Melvins Flow salt, in 1995. Soon after, Kenya’s first flavored teas were launched under our renowned brand – Melvins Teas. Founded on a passion for the finest tea, we focused obsessively on building a world-class company with several strong Melvin’s brands. We flavor our teas with only 100% natural ingredients. The result – A range of teas that were flavorful, fun and refreshing. Over the years as our reputation grew, and our reach spread, it became equally obvious that people throughout the country shared this desire for a cup of tea that was much more than simply refreshment, but an enjoyable, memorable and satisfying experience, leading to the launch of our very own first Tea House – Melvins TeaHouse in the upmarket Lavington Mall. Today, Melvins Teas serves millions of cups a year. The product base has expanded to include lines; not only flavored teas but herbal and fruit infusions including green, orthodox and purple tea.
Location: Head Office
Department: Sales Department
Position Reports To: National Sales Manager
Job Purpose Summary
- Developing and implementing effective sales strategies
- Leading nationwide sales team members to achieve sales targets
- Establish productive and professional relationships with team in assigned customer accounts
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Analysis and interpretation of sales data that aids in prompt and effective decision making.
- Develop grassroots market so as to increase penetration from the current sales target to the set targets
- Build a solid distribution network from the agents to the small retailers.
- Management of the sales forecasting process (in conjunction with Marketing and Sales) that seeks to achieve the sales objective, proper product mix eliminates out- of – stock / Over – stock / obsolescence.
- Timely liaison with the production staff to ensure they prepare the required product mix.
- Prepare periodic reports for the management.
- Review of monthly sales performance taking appropriate remedial actions where adverse sales variances are noticed to realign sales performance to required sales targets.
- Sales Business Processes: Develop consistent sales process, policies, and rules of engagement, ensure these processes are enforced through the Sales Administrator.
- Boosting sales activities to meet expected sales target, monitoring and evaluation and continuous improvements.
- Recruitment of well resources agents/distributors
- Monitoring of sales team performance to ensure they achieve set targets and operate within set guidelines.
- Oversee the development of an up to date customer list that captures the sales activity of all retail customers thereby identifying opportunity and gaps.
- Maintain strong, cordial relations with customers.
- Conduct regular trade visits identify challenges in the market build relationship and realign sales team to achieve set objectives
- Address sales challenges identified in the market during trade visits.
- Capture accurate and reliable market intelligence for the assigned region
- Overseeing customer’s accounts to ensure that the sales team keeps them within the approved criteria and corrective action is taken where applicable.
- Ensure all retail customers carry adequate stocks to enable across the range pull through, by the sales representatives.
- New business development. Entering into new markets and generating innovative ideas to capitalize on them. Increasing sales coverage area, strengthen presence locally and regionally
- Managing distributors & recommending new distributor appointments in the region.
- Ensure all orders are delivered on time and also ensure that customer complaints and queries are addressed promptly.
- Overseeing timely debt collection with the help of the KAM.
- Assist in optimizing investment in trade promotional activities focused on growth of more profitable account and administration costs and other approved accounts such as rebates, discounts, merchandising fees, advertising allowances.
- People management: frequent engagement and constant evaluation of employee wellness.
- Recommending on Sales Department training.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A graduate from a recognized university with a degree in business related fields.
- 7 years F.M.C.G experience in sales administration/Customer Service.
- Knowledge of base-line general management (sales and marketing principles).
- High level of numeracy and ability to understand and analyze.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Bias for action (with positive return).
- Computer literacy with fluency in major office software packages.
- Exposure and experience with ERPs
- Internal – Production Department; highly dependable on their efficiency
- Accounts Department; management information for decision making.
- Sales Department : Analysis of sales
- External – Customers, distributors/agents. Sales outlets
Sources of References
- Company Directors
- General Manager, National Sales Manager, Key accounts manager, Marketing Executive
- Financial Accountant and Credit Controller
- Operations Department,
- Production Manager
- Human Resources Department
Key Success Factors
- Meet sales performance targets
- Growth of market segements
- On time performance, work ethic and quality of the Sales Team
- Monitoring of direct reports and peers
- A motivated sales team
- Supply Chain Management
- Trend analysis & proposed action plans
The post Territory Sales Manager at Melvins Tea appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.