The Salaries and Remuneration Commission Job Vacancy : Accountant
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
The Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an independent Commission established under Article 230 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, with the mandate to set and regularly review the Remuneration and Benefits of all State Officers and to advise the National and County Governments on the Remuneration and Benefits of all other Public Officers.
In carrying out its mandate, the Commission has to take into account the principles of; fiscal sustainability of the public compensation bill, attraction and retention of requisite skills for service delivery, productivity and performance, transparency, fairness and equity. The Commission seeks to recruit a qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position:
Accountant, Src 7 (One Position)
The job holder’s main purpose will be to implement accounting strategies, policies, standards, systems and procedures of the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement the accounting activities and enforce internal controls in the Commission
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements and ledger accounts reconciliations
- Review books of accounts to ensure completeness, accuracy, adequacy and timeliness.
- Participate in both internal and external audit processes.
- Preparation of lead schedules for audit purposes. Undertake postings of transaction and updating the ledger accounts. Maintain the Commission’s asset register and other capital expenditure.
- Verification, validation and examination of payment vouchers.
- Undertake monthly statutory deductions and taxation returns.
- Petty cash management.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics or any other related degree from a recognized university.
- Possession of at least CPA part 2.
- Possession of a certificate of relevant Accounting Computer packages.
- Knowledge of IFMIS will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an Accounting environment.
- Knowledge of international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and International Public sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
- Must be a person of integrity and a team player
- Demonstrated high ethical standards.
- Competent and organized individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer software, IFMIS operations and applications.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants MUST also attach clearance certificates from the following bodies:
Kenya Revenue Authority.
Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
Higher Education Loans Board.
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Credit Reference Bureau.
Applications in sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor 4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100 NAIROBI
And be received on or before 26th February, 2018. Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.