Theater Nurse at Hema Hospital
Hema Hospital (Kisii level V Hospital) is a private Hospital located in Kisii Town, along the Gusii stadium road. It is the fastest growing hospital in Kisii and in the wider western region of Kenya. It is equipped with mordern facilities in the labortory, surgical, renal, radiology etc which are run by specialised personell. Hema Hospital provides both inpatient and outpatient facilitients to its esteemed patients.
The Theatre Nurse will work with other staffs to maintain high standards and actively promote quality healthcare delivery and smooth running of the theatre department.
- Assess patient’s condition before and after surgery
- Ensure that the Operating Room is prepared with all necessary supplies, implants, instrumentation, and equipment
- Preparation of anaesthetic apparatus
- Keep the operating room sterilized
- Position the patient on operating table
- Ensure wastes and disposables are handled in the correct manner in theatre
- Pass medical instruments to the surgeons during operation
- Monitor patient’s vital signs before, during and after surgeries
- Evaluate postoperative patients
- Reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards
- Communicate with patients, teammates, and physicians to ensure continuity of care
- Previous working experience as a Theatre Nurse
- BS or Diploma in nursing
- Registration certificate from Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
- In-depth knowledge of surgical operation procedures
- Outstanding patient management skills
- Team player
The post Theater Nurse at Hema Hospital appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.