TI-Kenya Social Justice & Economic Accountability Internship
Social Justice & Economic Accountability Internship, Latest Kenyan Internships,
Job Vacancy: Intern- Social Justice & Economic Accountability
Programme: Social Justice & Economic Accountability (SJEA)
Reports To: Programme Assistant- Social Justice & Economic Accountability
Work Station: Nairobi
Duration: 3 Months with possible extension to a further 3 months
Transparency International Kenya (TI-Kenya) is an autonomous chapter in the Transparency International movement, a non-partisan global coalition of like-minded individuals and organizations against corruption with which we share knowledge and exchange ideas for the greater good of Kenya.
The Social Justice and Economic Accountability (SJEA) Programme seeks to contribute to a more equitable and inclusive society by addressing present and previous injustices, as well as ensuring equitable distribution of public resources and opportunities. Its overall objective is to contribute to greater social justice and economic accountability at all levels through advocacy and development/ promotion of supportive systems.
The specific interventions include initiatives geared towards ensuring social justice through addressing historical injustices, capacity building and other support to institutions/ actors engaged in oversight, protection and enforcement of accountability, social justice, rights and entitlements; fostering justice through initiating and supporting strategic litigation cases on abuse of public resources and other economic crimes, and facilitating high level debate/dialogue on emerging social injustices arising from corruption.
TI-Kenya wishes to recruit an Intern in the SJEA programme to strengthen the operations of the programme, in line with the overall programme objectives of TI- Kenya’s strategic goals. Under the supervision of The Programme Assistant- Social Justice & Economic Accountability the Intern will offer support to the department to ensure successful implementation of the projects, providing programme support and assisting in logistical tasks, monitoring and documentation.
More specifically, the intern will be responsible for executing the below tasks;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in logistical and administrative preparation of all project activities of the programme;
- Support the coordination of programme activities including meetings, forums, workshops, trainings and production of reports and minutes in a timely manner;
- Assist in desk review of programme reports/documents;
- Support in conducting research in the programme’s core areas;
- Support the identification and recruitment of qualified service providers to support programme activities;
- Assist in establishing and maintaining networks of both partners and collaborators and maintaining an updated list of stakeholders’ contacts;
- Representing the programme and actively participating in meetings and forums as required;
- Maintain an active presence on social media that is interfaced with TI-Kenya’s presence in line with the organisation’s social media policy and guidelines and the project needs;
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as allocated from time to
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in Economics, Public Finance, Development Studies, Law, Human Rights, International Relations, Social Studies or another related field from a recognized university;
- At least six(6) months of demonstrated experience in international development, public finance, social justice, economic accountability, or other related fields;
- Computer literacy- Understanding of data entry, basic computer skills and knowledge of
- High degree of integrity;
- Demonstrated professional use of social media (twitter, Facebook among others);
- Demonstrable ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically to improve programme quality Decision making and problem solving skills;
- Relationship building and maintenance;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Work well in a team and individually;
- Good analytical and project administration skills;
- Works well with minimal
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the questionnaire by clicking the link: https://forms.office.com/r/SxxBMMeMUr. Further instructions include submitting one properly labelled PDF document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) via email to [email protected] Please include the reference Intern-SJEA as the subject of your email applications. Do not attach your testimonials or certificates.
The deadline for receiving applications is 28th June 2021.
TI-Kenya holds strict safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy towards all forms of Sexual Exploitation, Harassment and Abuse (SEAH) in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. TI-Kenya has strict policies which outline the expected behavior, code of conduct and responsibility of all persons acting on behalf of TI-Kenya and is committed to safeguard children and vulnerable adults. If selected, we will perform a background check on you and request that you submit a police certificate of good conduct.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on the ability to perform the required job duties. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates who qualify to the next recruitment stage will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Please note that TI-Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process and we do not recruit through recruitment agents.