Tours Consultant at Human Capital Synergies
- Company: Human Capital Synergies
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Kenya
- Handling enquiries for inbound and out bound travel for corporates and walk in clients, and ensure all the enquiries have been responded to within 24hrs.
- Ensure hotels, restaurants and excursions booking for clients are done and timely, and manage the bookings to avoid penalties by cancelling bookings which do not mature. This should be clearly communicated to the client of the laid down policies& procedures on booking before doing any booking.
- Ensure all payments are made to the suppliers in good time and in advance.
- Prepare and translate itineraries to clients for the various destinations of interest and make sure that all travel arrangements run according to the program.
- Exploring and identifying new business opportunities in a competitive and rapidly changing industry.
- Researching, developing and creating interesting tour packages to clients to meet market demand.
- Ensuring you have good contact base with hotels partners and service providers for best competitive rates.
- Ensure the vehicles are inspected and have stickers if they are hired, the drivers are briefed and a welcome pack for clients is ready before start of the journey. And being on standby to provide solutions in case of a problem during safari by providing contacts.
- Ensure tour quotations are competitive and do follow ups. And they are clearly marked to avoid confusion/disputes with the clients.
- Ensure client’s special request especially on accommodation & room specification, driver guide language, meals and others are prearranged.
- Give travel informational to customers (Visa and Health requirements.
- Ensure you brief the clients before the trip by providing estimated distance from different points, giving hotel website links and trip advisors.
- Coordinating with travel consultants to arrange flying and ground packages.
- Ensure you open tour files for upcoming tours and especially the group.% of your recording/documentation.
- You may be required to accompany travel groups if need be.
- Handle all complaints in a professional manner and timely and inform the manager on the issue
- 4 years’ experience in a busy Tours and Travel agency environment.
- Tourism Management degree / Tours and Travel degree / Diploma in Tours / Business Studies or related degree.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Self – motivated, Confident and outgoing personality
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion
- A Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent networking and prospecting skills
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: [email protected] with Tours Consultant on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current & Expected salaries.