Tracking Officer at Modern Coast Express
Kenya Association of Manufacturers is the representative organisation for manufacturing value-add industries in Kenya. Established in 1959 as a private sector body, KAM has evolved into a dynamic, vibrant, credible and respected business association that unites industrialists and offers a common voice for businesses. KAM provides an essential link for co-operation, dialogue and understanding with the Government by representing the views and concerns of its members to the relevant authorities. In pursuit of its core mandate of policy advocacy, KAM promotes trade and investment, upholds standards, encourages the formulation, enactment and administration of sound policies that facilitate a competitive business environment and reduce the cost of doing business. In 2009, KAM unveiled a new corporate image as it observed 50 years since its establishment.
Purpose of the Role :
Monitoring of trucks and buses 24hours locations by GPS system and responding to customer (Company) request through email and Phone.
- Ensure tracking of truck locations by GPS system on route as scheduled.
- Identifying on-road exceptions and taking immediate remedial action (communicating to drivers on route).
- Ensure 24hr shift work.
- At least 1 year experience in a tracking role
- Ability to Co-ordinating and responding to emergency situations
- Efficiency in reporting observations
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Information Technology or related course
Relevant Previous Experience:
- 1 year experience in working in a tracking office.
1) Understand systems used to track vehicles
2) Understand the level of reporting in case of an emergency
3) Understand company policies to be followed by drivers
- Tracking of truck/bus locations by GPS system.
- Monitoring truck/bus driver performance.
- Reporting of any event and follow up with drivers
- Microsoft office
- Computer basic skills
- People management
- Attention to detail
- Time management
Critical Non-Negotiable attributes
- At least 1 year experience in busy tracking office
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent communication & Analytical skills.
The post Tracking Officer at Modern Coast Express appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.