Trans-Nzoia County Hansard Reporter Jobs Kenya
Hansard Reporter I, JOB GRADE “K”/CASB 9 (1 POST)
Salary: ksh. 38,270 x 1,470- 39,740 x 1,520- 41,260 x 1,710- 42,970 x 1,920-44,890 x 2,000- 46,890 x 2,110 – 49,000 x 2,170 – 51,170 p.m
Duties and Responsibilities will entail:
- Operating the digital recording systems;
- Ensuring general safety, cleanliness and usability of the machines;
- ensuring timely and accurate transcription;
- undertaking independent verbatim reporting of County Assembly proceedings and those of relevant committees/functions within or outside County Assembly;
- handling queries relating to Hansard reporting;
- preparing transcripts for editing;
- sorting and checking transcripts from junior officers and amending as necessary;
- assist in preliminary editorial work with emphasis on grammar, syntax, style and consistency; and
- assisting in classification, custody, archiving, retrieval and cross-checking of documents against references.
For appointment to this grade, officer must have:
- Served in the grade of Hansard Reporter II or in a comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor degree in any of the following disciplines: – Mass Communication Arts Degree in Linguistics, majoring in English and Kiswahili or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be in possession of Typing II (50 w.p.m.) and/or Audio Typing I and II;
- Proficiency in computer application skills; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance
Important Information To All Applicants
All applications should contain the following attachments: –
- Copy of National Identity Card or Passport
- Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, testimonials, professional registrations.
- Copies of current statutory clearances: KRA, HELB, EACC and D.C.I.
How To Apply
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and Identity Cards should be submitted in a sealedenvelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Trans Nzoia County Assembly Service Board
P.O. Box 4221, 30200
All applications should reach the Secretary County Assembly Service Board of Trans-Nzoia at County Assembly building on or before 22nd February 2021 before 1700hrs.
NOTE: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.