Tutor at Mater Hospital
The Mater Hospital was opened in 1962 by the Sisters of Mercy, a Catholic Order of Nuns originating from Ireland, three years after registering themselves as the Registered Trustees of an entity under the Perpetual Succession Act (the succeeding legislation after independence). The “Sisters of Mercy” first set up a 60 bed general hospital to cater mainly for the poor, indigenous Kenyans, with the primary mission being general healthcare. The colonial authorities granted 12 acres of land in a swampy, mosquito-infested area, which has since become the Industrial Area of Nairobi. In 1970, a 60-bed maternity ward was opened with antenatal, postnatal and immunization clinics attached in order to upgrade the quality of maternity healthcare available to the poorer segments of the Nairobi population. In 1972, in recognition of the contribution of the hospital in training midwives to assist births in rural areas, Mater was chartered as a School of Midwifery. In 1975, a consultant’s block of 6 offices was opened enabling specialised consultants to practice on site and deliver significantly better medical services to the patients.
To deliver quality teaching to students and produce qualified professional nurses in Critical Care.
- Provide theoretical and clinical instructions of students to ensure mastery of skills
- Monitor students’ performance to maintain institutional standards
- Develop and review curriculum in line with Nursing Council requirements
- Conduct tests for (theory and practical) and evaluation of student’s assignment and performance
- Maintains clinical capability via regular clinical practice and take responsibility for own professional development
- Participate in quality programs, clinical audit and research
- Compile examination questions and may also be invited to mark national examinations
- Ensure proper management of consumables to maximize efficiency and cost control
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Principal or Senior Tutor in the interest of education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Must have a higher Diploma in Critical Care Nursing
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years working experience as a Tutor
- Current practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Computer Literacy
The post Tutor at Mater Hospital appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.