UN jobs in kenya-july 2017
UN jobs in kenya-july 2017
Job Title: Staff Welfare Officer
Location: Nairobi (RSC), Kenya
Closing date: 3 August 2017
UNHCR has operations in 126 countries and 461 locations, carried on by over 12,000 staff members and affiliate workforce. Given the nature of work, the psychological hazards range from workplace stress, exposure to traumatic situations and vicarious exposure to traumatic experiences of people of concern. All these can reflect at the individual, interpersonal and team levels and can affect the staff well-being as well as the efficiency of the operation. The Staff Health and Welfare Service (SH&WS) and more specifically its Staff Welfare Section (SWS), are entrusted with addressing these challenges. The Staff Welfare team comprises the Staff Welfare Officers based in Geneva, Dakar, Kinshasa, Nairobi, Juba, Bangkok, Amman and Beirut. The team works together in designing staff welfare programmes under the leadership of the Chief, SWS. The SW function in Nairobi covers the UNHCR operations in East and Horn of Africa, the Great Lakes region (with the exception of DRC) and the Southern Africa Region and it is responsible for:
- Implementation of the existing global staff welfare projects including psychological preparation, end of assignment debriefings, critical incident response, training and coordination of the Peer Support Personnel Network and the implementation of the framework for staff support in high-risk environments.
- Provision of technical expertise related to programmes of psychological well-being of staff and their family members for each duty station within the operation (assessment of psychosocial needs, programme design, programme implementation and management, evaluation, training design and delivery).
- Provision of clinical work with colleagues and their family members (psychological assessment, individual/group counselling, crises interventions, referrals) when needed.
- Provision of expert advice and guidance to the Representatives of the operations covered by the function, the Snr. Staff Welfare Officer in RSC Nairobi and the Chief of the Staff Welfare Section/ Staff Health and Welfare Service (SH&WS) at the HQ. The position of the SWO is responsible for the francophone operations in the region as well as for the operations in the Southern Africa sub-region.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Advanced University Degree in Clinical Psychology, Psychotherapy, Counselling or other mental health care profession.
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function of which 2 years should be in an International capacity.
- Demonstrated clinical experience and counselling skills.
- Proven skill of supporting teams and groups.
- Proven training skills.
- Proficiency in English and French.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Humanitarian experience in the Field is an asset.
- Conflict resolution and mediation skills are an asset.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please go to our careers page at www.unhcr.org/careers.html, click on international vacancies and type in job ID 14090 .
Deadline: 3 August 2017 (midnight Geneva time)
All positions are available on the UNHCR Careers Page at www.unhcr.org/careers.html.
UNHCR strongly encourages female applicants.