UVU Program Officer Job (Fundraising & Project Management)
Fundraising & Project Management Program Officer Job, Latest Current NGO Jobs,
VACANCY: Programme Officer- Fundraising and project management
About The Organization
We are an emerging youth-based conservation NGO with a focus youth and women engagement through digital/social media and dedicated to the Protection and Conservation of Wildlife and the Environment in Kenya.
Programme Officer- Fundraising and project management
Job Title: Programme Officer
Reporting to: Executive Director (ED)
Employment type: Consultancy leading to full employment
Duration: An initial 3 months (with likelihood of full employment based on performance)
Qualifications: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in project management, conservation, environment or related field- Experience of at least 2 years in a similar position with a proven track record. Any related qualifications and experience and proven capacity shall be considered if the candidate does not hold a degree.
Remuneration: Kshs. 40,000/- to Kshs. 45,000/- net (depending on experience and qualifications)
Working hours: Full-time Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
We are looking for a Programme Officer Programme Officer- Fundraising and project management. The ideal candidate should be a team player and able to work independently who will play a critical role in implementing projects in relation to conservation advocacy targeted at women and youth in Africa through a digital and various social media platforms among other responsibilities as listed below:-
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify, Manage, support and develop imaginative fundraising activities, some of which will be events-based
- Maintaining the fundraising database and documents
- Contribute updates of fundraising events and activities for quarterly Newsletters
- Manage, support and develop imaginative fundraising activities, some of which will be events-based
- Contribute to bid writing for grant/trust applications
- Inspire new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters deliver presentations to interested groups and to attend events
- Develop and broaden corporate support
- Develop and coordinate web-based fundraising including social media
- Develop budgets for the programs in liaison with the Executive Director.
- Foster and nurture partnerships with other conservation organizations and various stakeholder.
- Submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to the Programme Manager/ Executive Director after each program activity.
- Prepare a performance-based analysis for programme and project activities bi-monthly for first 3 months of programme life cycle.
- Liaise with project partners and stakeholders to maintain essential relationships with oversight by the ED/Supervisor.
- Deepen relationships with institutional donors; oversee Corporates, Trust and Foundations and facilitate linkages between local, country program and international fundraising teams and Funding Affiliates to deliver on strategic objectives of resource generation and donor relations.
- Stay up to date with the latest events in the conservation sphere both locally and globally
- Ability to manage own time and workload
- Ability to set and work to goals and targets
- A flexible and strategic mindset
- Ability to network
- Ability to work with a wide range of people including volunteers
- Good communication skills (flexible, clear, concise) and an ability to promote the organization in the community
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent presentation skills
- A basic understanding of gender and youth issues.
- An understanding and passion for conservation.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in project management, conservation, environment or related field- Experience of at least 2 years in a similar position with a proven track record. Any related qualifications and experience and proven capacity shall be considered if the candidate does not hold a degree.
- Diploma or Certificate programmes in project management, fundraising or related fields shall be considered.
- Minimum 1 years’ project management/fundraising experience including planning and managing in an NGO setting.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a detailed CV with at least two professional references and an application letter outlining their interest and compatibility for the job as describes and stating the expected remuneration to [email protected] by 20th August 2021. ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.