Venture Partner Growth / BD at Baobab Network
Our name, brand and identity are inspired by the Baobab tree, an iconic symbol of life and growth in Sub-Saharan Africa.
We have ambitious plans on the next step of our journey developing the leading early-stage investor for frontier markets, and are seeking a Venture Partner Growth/BD to help us develop and roll-out our capacity growth support to start-ups founders in Africa. This role is for someone that can work with pure tech start-ups (i.e. Saas) but also with more traditional tech start-ups where perhaps end customers are not as digital savvy to drive business growth.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a growth / business development / partnerships role in start-ups.
- You must be a blend between an analytical and creative person.
- Analytical mindset to drive user growth, engagement and conversion.
- Solid project management skills: ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners.
- Strong communication and presentation abilities.
- Comfortable communicating, discussing, and debating insights with leaders within the start-ups.
- You’ve worked in a start-up or, even better, have started your own business.
- You have a demonstrable passion for Africa, technology and entrepreneurship.
- You’re a people person, capable of identifying, nurturing and amplifying the potential in others.
- You’re an excellent communicator and are fluent in English, with bonus points if you also speak French or Portuguese.
- You are always learning and constantly challenging yourself and others around you to be better.
Our nice to haves:
- Product driven growth experience with landing pages, signup funnel optimisation, viral sharing flows etc.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Sendgrid, Hootsuite or other related marketing tools.
- Experience with Pricing and Promotion management solutions
- Have lived or worked in any of our key markets across Africa.
What you’ll do:
- Play an active role managing and supporting start-ups within our portfolio, blending project management, strategy consulting, business development and growth hacking principles; work alongside founders remotely and in-market to help grow their businesses.
- You will specifically work closely with our portfolio companies on the following: Growth Marketer:
- Work with our internal team to establish growth and expansion strategies to support our portfolio’s companies growth and fill in opportunity gaps.
- Research structures to figure out new markets, expansion strategies.
- Help startups conduct customer discovery interviews and segment their
- Propose and develop product-led growth hacks like optimising new user onboarding or conversion funnel.
- Setup, manage and coach startups on running social media campaigns i.e paid ads on Facebook, Google, LinkedIn and other social media channels
- Create, manage and experiment with new user acquisition campaigns and tactics.
- Supply the management team with reports and data on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products and services.
- Create, manage and experiment with new user acquisition campaigns.
- Analyze data to monitor revenue performance and uncover areas for improvement.
- Business Development:
- Identify and unlock business opportunities for growth by supporting start-ups’ effort in understanding market positions, improve their negotiations strategies.
- Coordinate with their sales teams to develop beneficial business proposals
- Gather useful information from customer and competitor data.
- Help them in making and giving presentations to prospective clients as well as drafting partnerships proposals.
- Research, identify and develop investment opportunities; analyse and evaluate start-up founders and their businesses; create and pitch investment proposals to our investment committee.
- Work with a cross functional team of Data, Product, Growth, Engineer, Finance specialists to support growth and scaling strategies for our start-ups portfolio.
The post Venture Partner Growth / BD at Baobab Network appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.