WASH Project Coordinator Job NRC
WASH Project Coordinator Jobs, Latest NGO Jobs, NRC Jobs
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure proper filing of all project documents in the shared drive and Provide leadership and management of a big WASH team consisting of Engineers, Sanitation specialist, and technicians both national and refugees. Assign duties, supervise, train and conduct performance management process with the respective WASH Officers and follow up related processes for all WASH staff.
- Ensure the effective and efficient operations of water infrastructure providing portable water to close to 200,000 people. This include solar-generator powered boreholes, an extensive network of pipeline/reticulation system, elevated steel tanks and several tap stands.
- Ensure water supply schedule agreed with refugee communities is respected at all times and consult with them before any change to the agreed upon schedule.
- Promptly communicate with the refugee leadership in the area should the schedule be threatened or disrupted for any reason.
- Employ strategies that will ensure significant improvement in household latrine coverage in Kakuma camps (1-4)
- Adopt strategies that will bring about significant improvement in the overall sanitary situation across Kakuma camps (1-4).
- Regular monitoring of sites/teams to spot check and address potential problems
- Regularly engage with camp leaders to provide them update on the water situation in Kakuma and Kalobeyei and in the Sanitation situation in Kakuma and receive their feedback for areas to improve.
- Foster innovation in WASH by adopting new technology or creating links/relationship with private sectors or social enterprises engaged in WASH services.
- Build capacity of local groups (CBOs, SHGs, etc.) to undertake roles or tasks currently being implemented by NRC teams.
- Demonstrate a phased-out approach for NRC’s gradual disengagement in routine activities and redefining a new role and increased engagement of others in the delivery of WASH services in Turkana West. These include local groups, county government, development actors, private sector and local water/sanitation service providers.
- Create linkages with private sectors, social enterprises, county government, development agencies, local CBOs for the provision of innovative, efficient, affordable and sustainable WASH services in Turkana West.
- Play a key role in developing concept notes, proposals and report writing.
- Represent NRC at relevant Kakuma Area theme cluster and other coordination meetings.
- Develop any required rapid response and contingency plans related to WASH.
- Responsible for capacity building of WASH staff and technical support to all WASH activities in Kakuma.
- Liaison with WASH Specialist on technical issues related to the WASH project in Kakuma
- Coordinate and network with UNHCR WASH sector, Link with other WASH partners within the camp, participate in WASH/HEALTH coordination meeting and update the Integrated Programme Manager accordingly Accomplish any other reasonable tasks as assigned by your line manager or other senior staff members
- Responsible for monitoring project budgets to ensure spending is in line with work plans, donor installments plan and allocated budget.