Water & Sanitation Job, Current Engineering Jobs In Kenya,
Terms of Service: Three (3) Years Contract,
Salary and allowances: as per the Salary and Remuneration Commission guidelines,
Reporting to the Chief Officer, the Director will be responsible for the following;
- Developing, Implementing and Evaluating strategic plans, programs and projects in collaboration with other Departments and stakeholders.
- Preparing professional and quality standards for construction of Water supply and sewerage infrastructure.
- Overseeing the construction of Water and Sewerage works undertaken directly or by contractors.
- Planning and supervising the programs and activities.
- Organizing, directing, controlling and the co-coordinating the functions of the department.
- Interpreting and applying National and County laws and other related statutes in the department in line with the County goals and objectives.
- Developing appropriate County departmental policies, legal and institutional frameworks for the implementation of the mandate of the Division.
- Handling administrative, Human Resource and asset management issues.
- Overseeing preparation of annual work plan and financial budgets.
- Ensuring strict compliance with all financial, budgetary and procurement procedures.
- Co-coordinating production, documentation, and dissemination of the relevant division’s information.
- Providing advice and guidance in recruiting, hiring and staff development.
- Performing other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Officer.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must;
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a holder of at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Water engineering or Civil Engineering or any other relevant field from a recognized university in Kenya
- A Master’s degree in the relevant field.
- Be registered by Engineers Registration Board of Kenya as an Engineer.
- Have current valid annual Practicing License from the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya.
- Be a member of the institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK)
- Have relevant knowledge and experience of not less than seven (7) years in a senior Public Service or the Private sector.
- Demonstrate a high degree in professional and technical competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Demonstrate general administrative ability required for direction, control, and implementation of water and sewerage engineering programs and projects;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, the County Development objectives and vision 2030.
- Be conversant with Policy formulation and implementation
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How To Apply
The applicants should download the application for Employment form “VCPSB/APP.01A-2018” on the official County Website, complete it and submit to the undersigned on or before Tuesday 4th August, 2020 at 5pm.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 880-50300
QUEENS ARCADE BUILDING MBALE TOWN
ALONG KISUMU KAKAMEGA ROAD
- Attach your ID card , Academic, Professional or any other documents to the application form
- County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer and encourages People Living with Disabilities, Youth and Women to apply.
- County Public Service Board does not charge any recruitment fee whatsoever. Do Not Pay Money to Fraudsters because Our services are absolutely free
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
- Those with certificates from foreign institutions must have them certified by the relevant authority.