Water Treatment Plant Operator at KenGen
KenGen was incorporated on 1 February 1954 under the Companies Act (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Kenya) as Kenya Power Company (KPC) to construct the transmission line between Nairobi and Tororo in Uganda as well as to develop geothermal and other generating facilities in the country. Since its inception, KPC sold electricity in bulk at cost to Kenya Power under a management contract.
The job holder ensures steady supply of safe and clean drinking water for use at the administration facilities and residential blocks in the business area.
- To purify[treat] water using chemicals and ensure it is safe for domestic use.
- To ensure continuous supply of water to administration and residential facilities.
- Monitor and operate water pumps.
- Flashing of both sedimentation tanks and backwashing of filter tanks.
- Ensuring that water for consumption is at the correct pH i.e between 6.8 to 7.4.
- O Level certificate /or
- A level certificate
- Certificate in Water Engineering – from a national examining body
Related Job Experience/Qualifications:
At least three (3) years experience as a water treatment operator
Minimum Years of Working Experience : 3 Minimum Education Level : Craft Certificate
The post Water Treatment Plant Operator at KenGen appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.