Website Developer at Mater Hospital
- Company: Mater Hospital
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
The Mater Misericordiae Hospital is seeking to fill the above position. Reporting to the Head of ICT, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following responsibilities amongst others:
- Gathering and refining new website requirements and specifications centred on the hospital and clients’ needs.
- Creating website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Implementation of well-designed website by using best development practices.
- Creating, developing, benchmarking, verifying and testing of various online web applications which are mainly based on online interaction.
- Integration of data from various back-end services and databases to website.
- Maintaining continuous communication/collaboration with other stakeholders in the hospital to develop and deploy website requirements, and ensuring that there is clear establishment of what can be created within what timeframe.
- Maintaining and expanding/enhancing website once built through continuous research on contemporary websites design and development requirements.
- Performing regular website testing and implementation of contingency plans in case of website failure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, ICT Management or a closely related field.
- Over 3 years websites development experience in busy environments preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Certification in; MCSA: Windows or MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop or Dreamweaver, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Experience with server-side frameworks such as python, ruby, PHP, Java, ASP, ASP.NET
- Good understanding of content management systems.
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the above position and you meet the requirements listed, please send your application letter and a detailed CV to [email protected] by January 5th 2020. Indicate on the subject line of the position applied. Include your current and expected salary on the CV.
Mater Misericordiae Hospital does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process. Mater is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.