World Vision Communication & Knowledge Management Officer Job
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview in case you are shortlisted
Job Title : Communications and Knowledge Management Officer
Reporting to : Deputy Chief of Party
Work Location : Nairobi
Purpose of position
The purpose of this position is to facilitate the bringing together of people, processes, and technology to enable Tumikia Mtoto Project to change data into information, information into knowledge, and knowledge into learning and to operationalise a broad field communications agenda for both local and global stakeholders to increase the overall influence, income and impact of the project and World Vision Kenya.
Production of Communications Resources for Tumikia Mtoto Project (Media, Internal, Emergency, Community Voice Communications) 50%
- Develop and implement the Communications and Engagement Plan for the Tumikia Mtoto project.
- Produce high quality, child focused, compelling and issues-oriented fundraising, advocacy and publicity materials (web-based, electronic, print, photo and video content) for effective supporter transformation, staff engagement, USAID and public engagement.
- Produce rapid information and compelling needs and impact-focused content for partnership communications and marketing for the child wellbeing related issues.
- Develop and publish digital content (web content & social media messaging) for the project
- Identify story concepts, host, accompany and cover USAID, other donors, Support Offices, or VIP visits
- Develop and maintain media contacts, pitch compelling content and position the project in influential media outlets in the national and global levels.
- Prepare written project materials, internal newsletters, presentation materials and other communications products for the project
- Monitor and manage reputation risk issues associated with the project and comply with World Vision risk reporting protocols.
- Ensure World Vision brand is uniformly implemented in the project.
Knowledge Management and Quality Assurance 30%
- Ensure that Communications and Engagement Plan and the Knowledge Management operational plan meet engagement and information exchange objectives.
- Ensure timely & effective implementation of communication & knowledge management activities.
- Collaborate with MEL Specialist and Deputy Chief of Party to organize learning and knowledge sharing events
- Review reports and external marketing engagement materials for alignment to WVI and USAID KEA quality and brand
- Design, maintain and track internal and external stakeholder database to facilitate knowledge sharing and engagement with a broad range of internal and external audiences as defined in the communications and Engagement Plan.
- Facilitate training on communications for development skills for the staff and Local Implementing Partners
- Develop strategic solutions to given communications challenges.
- Conceptualization of video and graphics productions.
- Train and position approved media spokespersons to respond to media inquiries and achieve positive coverage for the project.
- Document and share success stories/case studies and best practices
Networking, Partnerships & Advocacy 15%
- Liaise with the project team to map high level advocacy elements that must be considered in the Project’s Communications and Engagement Plan.
- Create relationships and connections utilizing various channels for information sharing, learning, influence to help shape and advance the communications agenda
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Degree in communications, media, international development, social sciences or related field.
- Minimum five (5) year’s professional experience in communications, journalism or public relations 3 years’ of which must be in international development sector.
- Must have a good understanding of USAID programming policies and guidelines
- Experience in writing/communication of public health and development communication (or presentations) for non-technical audiences and in innovative communication technologies including social media.
- Experience maintaining an electronic document repository and/or with using web-based tools to maintain collaboration spaces
- Competent in digital platforms and devices and traditional office applications (Word, Power point and excel);
- Must be a self-starter with proven analytical, problem solving skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.