World Vision Data Manager Job
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview in case you are shortlisted
Job Title : Data Manager
Reporting to : Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Specialist
Work Location : Nairobi
Purpose of position
The Data Manager will be responsible for the organization, maintenance and updating of OVC & DREAMS databases and Management Information Systems that include CPIMS, DREAMS database, DATIM, and other database systems at World Vision, MOH, Department of Children’s Services (DCS) and Local Implementing Partners (LIP) level. The incumbent will be required to provide overall technical support on database development, organization, maintenance and use.
Data management (Data collection, Validation, analysis, aggregation and interpretation) 40%
- Manage all data collection and collation activities for the project.
- Ensure the roll out and proper functioning of the CPIMS, DATIM, the DREAMS Database and other project data solutions.
- Ensure that all the project databases and Management Information Systems are updated on a timely basis with quality data.
- Run relevant reports from the different databases and systems and provide indicator reports for project use
- Review and supervise data analysis using appropriate statistical packages (SPSS, STATA, Advanced excel among others).
- Validate and verify compiled data factsheets for use during learning forums, reporting and management decision making.
- Ensure data filing and storage in recommended document libraries/platforms (both online and physical if required)
- Ensure the project data complies with USAID requirements, GOK and WVK policies, procedures, standards, and strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate Quarterly Data Quality Assessments
- Lead monthly data review meetings at Local Implementing Partners (LIP) and project levels
Monitoring Evaluation & Learning and data management systems set up 25%
- Work with the MEL Specialist to the Project Monitoring Evaluation & Learning (MEL) plan.
- Develop and implement a plan to ensure optimal project data quality, authenticity and accuracy including periodic data quality assessments, data cleaning and verification before reporting to the donor.
- Lead the development of data collection templates/tools and other data collection and monitoring tools
- Guide and supervise the development of electronic data entry tools and questionnaires during periodic surveys, establish and operationalize a digital data collection and beneficiary tracking and graduation system and database (tools specifically for tracking OVC and AGYW)
- Work with MEL specialist to develop system (both manual and online) to track and manage community defined indicators and feedback received from the feedback mechanisms.
- Develop and/or review data management system that include data security, analysis plan, dissemination aids, templates and SOPs.
- Develop a roadmap on the use of technology for monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning including gathering of GIS coordinates for project site locations and development of service maps.
Capacity building 15%
· Coordinate capacity building of project and LIPs staff on database design, development and implementation; data collection, management, analysis, interpretation and reporting.
· Develop and implement a capacity building program for World Vision Kenya (WVK), LIPs and other data handlers on use of available M&E systems and other DREAMS and OVC reporting tools.
· Ensure capacity building of LIPs technical staff on use of project databases for reporting
Collaboration, Learning and Partner engagements 15%
· Represent the project in data management technical working groups.
· Organize periodic learning and reflection forums
· Develop and coordinate partner/stakeholder data and information sharing and dissemination protocols for authorized data as stipulated in partnership agreements
· Facilitate the use of project data by partners, staff, and other stakeholders to inform decision-making and to identify lessons learned and promising practices.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· At least Bachelor’s degree in Data management, Computer Science/Information technology, Information Systems Management, Demography, Statistics or related field;
· A relevant master’s degree would be an added advantage
· Excellent knowledge of SPSS and EPI Info and/or other statistical analysis package (SAS, STATA, R)
- Seven years of relevant professional experience in project-level data management, including development of data flow maps, data collection tools, reporting forms, and project databases.
- Minimum five years’ practical experience in M&E system coordination/ implementation in a large international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body.
- Experience in working on donor funded programs and MEAL experience in “OVC & DREAMS” with USAID and other multilateral donor funded projects
- Knowledge of technical principles, concepts and current approaches in MEAL.
- Excellent understanding of database design and development, database programming (in Access, SQL).
- Experience in DATIM, OLMIS, DHIS & CPIMS, including knowledge of OVC MER indicators and data collection tools is mandatory.
- Experience in using mobile-data collection and management software (e.g. ODK, Commcare, I-form builder, Kobo, RR collect).
- Knowledge of data visualization and business information software such as Tableau and Power BI will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytic and computer skills; skilled in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access; and high-level IT skills including computer programming
- Skills in developing project M&E databases
- Ability to work with large datasets.