Young Advocates Mentors (3 Posts) at LVCT Health
SENIOR PROGRAMME OFFICER
NAIROBI, MOMBASA & HOMABAY
Under the supervision of Senior Programme Officer the Mentors’ main tasks is to support the Empowered for Change (E4C) Young advocates in fulfilling their mandate. The work of the Mentor will center on strengthening capacity of young advocates on advocacy, community engagement, lobbying, utilization of data to inform advocacy agenda and supervising advocates to ensure they implement activities as per the work plan. The project will be implemented in Nairobi, Homabay and Mombasa counties of Kenya in collaboration with LVCT Youth Officers. The Mentor will work closely with the LVCT Youth officers in the region and the project management team in the Headquarters office in Nairobi.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise five AYP Advocates at county level and provide them with feedback on their performance.
- Provide technical support to AYP advocates to engage in county policy processes, including setting the agenda.
- Work with each advocate to develop a mentorship plan that will inform capacity building activities.
- Undertake weekly individual mentorship sessions with AYP and support in facilitating monthly capacity building trainings.
- Support conflict resolution among AYP advocates while maintaining performance.
- Engage CSOs in the county and link AYP advocates to strategic SRHR related forums.
- Map out and update AYP advocates on advocacy trends in the country, region and globally.
- Support AYP advocates to design and undertake SRHR campaigns physically and virtually while observing COVID-19 guidelines.
- Identify and link AYP advocates to advocacy forums at county level with a clear agenda.
- Participate and support AYP to collect, analyze and utilize data to inform their advocacy agenda.
- Ensure timely documentation and submission of best practices and reports.
- Ensure AYP are meaningfully engaged in dissemination of research findings.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Diploma in Community Development, International Relations or an equivalent Social Science.
- Young person aged 24 – 30 years.
- Knowledgeable on SRHR needs of young people.
- Has demonstrable track record in SRHR/HIV advocacy.
- Knowledgeable on engagement of key decision makers in policy influencing.
The post Young Advocates Mentors (3 Posts) at LVCT Health appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.